Looking for adoption advice.

thheaton

<font color=red>DDC #680<br><font color=royalblue>
We are about to start the adoption process here soon and I know several dads here have adopted children. Any advice, any financial assistance besides the tax credits I've seen already, anything i need to be on the look out for, etc. we are leaning toward using Bethany as our adoption agency bc we have a friend who used them and said great things about them. Thanks in advance.

We are about to start the adoption process here soon and I know several dads here have adopted children. Any advice, any financial assistance besides the tax credits I've seen already, anything i need to be on the look out for, etc. we are leaning toward using Bethany as our adoption agency bc we have a friend who used them and said great things about them. Thanks in advance.

First of all congrats on starting the process. We are in country now adopting our children. In terms of financial assistance, there are several grants you could apply for. You need to watch the submission deadlines closely.

We did a lot of fundraising. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Best wishes and may the process go as smoothly as possible. I know someone who used that agency but that was quite a few years ago. The only advice my brother ever gives people from his experience is to hold on tight because just when you think you know what is going on and where you are at in the process something changes.

So. I'm not a dad but meandered over here because I saw bacon and bacon and bacon and thought I should check it out.:)

We are in SC and adopted our son two years ago. We used a fabulous attorney in Charleston who was aware of many wonderful resources. We were lucky enough not to need them (bye, bye new car fund), but she told us about several options for funding. Certain banks even offer special adoption loans.

We did not use an agency because our situation was a little different. We got a call from a family member asking us to adopt. What I did learn is that there are very few dedicated adoption attorneys in our state and it is very wise to use a dedicated attorney. Mine also happens to do placement with a wait time of about a year and she asks for your budget when the process is started and keeps that in mind when matching.

We did qualify for a special needs rebate from the state. It refunded $1,500 in attorney fees. Definitely ask about that.

I'm happy to share more about our experience and the two other almost adoptions we went through. One before and one after our son. It is an emotional journey, but every time my sons laughs, hugs me or smiles the tough stuff is forgotten.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info on our experience.

so how is the adoption going i have 4 princesses my last one i adopted its a long proses. but its worth it in the end

I adopted twin teen girls from Colombia 1-1/2 years ago. Many Minnesota families have adopted through the orphanage FANA in Bogota. We had to use an agency here, but most of the assistance came from volunteers at Friends of FANA Minnesota. Although it was expensive at the time, most costs were refunded through the tax credit. However, as expected, teens coming from a traumatic background need a lot of support services after the adoption- which is adding up to quite a sum. It is the most difficult thing I have ever done, and the most important. I love my girls very much! And the challenges keep me on my toes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!