Looking for an Air Fryer

Happiest mommy

DIS Veteran
Hi DISers!! would love recommendations on an Air fryer one that will give me crispy fries and wings! tell me about your air fryer TIA.

I bought an Airfryer on Prime Day and returned it 29 days later. I got one with good reviews (the Ninja AF101) but I just couldn't get into it. Yes, it made good fries and "fried" chicken, but I thought it was mostly a one-trick pony. AND it was a big appliance. AND I had to stand over it to either shake or flip the food every minute or two.

I am thinking of buying the Cuisinart Digital AF/Toaster Oven combo. I love my current Breville toaster oven, but the AF version is way too expensive. If I replace my toaster oven with an AF/TO combo I'm still using the same amount of room and can occasionally air fry if I want to. BTW, I do own the previous appliance-dejour, the Instapot, and I LOVE it! I use it 4-5 times per week, if only for rice.

I have a Power Air Fryer XL that I bought at Sam's club on a whim while it was on sale. Honestly, I looked at them for a long time and didn't think I would use it much as we generally don't eat a lot of fried foods and stick to a mostly low fat, low carb diet. Plus I'm gluten free, I don't particularly like french fries and I never buy anything pre-breaded. BUT.... I have to say I LOVE the air fryer! I use it a few times a week.

Once you start to think outside the fried-food box, there are endless things you can make it it. I do like a home made gluten free breaded chicken cutlet in it, but I use it for other meats, like London Broil, boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pork tenderloin, turkey meatloaf, bacon wrapped chicken breast bites, roasted cauliflower or broccoli, turkey burgers. It doesn't heat up the whole house like an oven and it gives meats the same crispy char outside like a grill does. I make a lot of recipes from skinny taste and she has some especially designed for the air fryer. It does make awesome chicken wings! But you definitely have to use fresh chicken wings, not previously frozen, for that crispy crunch.

Just a thought--instead of thinking "Air Fryer", think "convection oven". That's all an air fryer really is. We remodeled our kitchen this summer, and we splurged on a range that has an induction cooktop and a convection oven. I realize that not everyone is in a position to waltz out and just buy a new range, but I wanted that feature. Other things to consider are the countertop toaster oven/convection ovens, which might suit your needs better. They also might be cheaper. I had gotten a countertop style convection oven at Aldi's--it was inexpensive, and got us through the remodel (which had us kitchen-less for a couple months). I'm sure there are higher quality ones out there than the one we had.

I dunno, the actual air fryers look bulky for the amount of cooking area they offer. We're also a larger family (I have 4 kids), so we cook big portions of fries and whatever.

I dunno, the actual air fryers look bulky for the amount of cooking area they offer. We're also a larger family (I have 4 kids), so we cook big portions of fries and whatever.
That was the other problem I had. The air fryer's capacity was really small and I had to work in batches.

We just bought the Cuisinart Toaster Oven/Air Fryer from Costco and I am loving it so far - super crispy fries every time and a good capacity (we're a family of 5). I also like that it is a multi-use appliance so only taking up one spot on the counter rather than having separate appliances.

Thank you all for your suggestions I never really though about a Toaster oven or convection oven and I might just look into that I do want something that doesn't take up lots of counter space :)

I also have a PowerFryer XL that I bought at Kohls. We have more than gotten our money out of it - I use it about every day. At first I just cooked prepared foods in it like fries, chicken tenders, etc. Then I branched out and started doing lots of other things. I have made "fried" chicken, hamburgers, steaks, etc in it and they have all turned out so good.

I have the gowise from walmart, i use it everyday with no issues i paid 45 for it. I got this one cause it was cheap and to see if i would like it.
I really want the power cooker one, i have the pressure cooker from them and love it but now they have a combo unit... its 200.00 so maybe a christmas present to myself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!