Looking for Cincinnati info?

Bob O

<font color=navy>Voice of Reason<br><font color=re
In the beginning of August we are going to Cincinnati OH for a couple of days and are wondering what are things we shouldnt miss. Im a roller coaster nut so we will be going to Paramounts Kings Island. Regarding that what plan of attack should i have to be able to ride the best coasters most often??? How is Tomb Raider and any other info about the park would be appreciated. And any info on what is good to see in the city, be it zoo's/ museums/historical sites would also be appreciated. And thanks in advance for any great info you can offer!!

Me and Shep can help you out. The Beach water park is across the street from King's Island, King's Island also has a water park. The zoo is wonderful, it is in Clifton near U. of Cincy. If you want to go to Northern Ky, there is the Aquarium and Newport on the Levy or something like that, an entertainment complex.

Also, Natural History museum (my brother works there) with other museum stuff housed there.

I love the roller coasters at KI. Tomb Raider is a nice ride but make sure that you empty your pockets before riding. You will hang upside down and things may fall out. As for the Beast and Son of Beast, you should expect some waits if you are visiting on a weekend(I am talking hours). I have been during the week on Mondays or Tuesdays(season pass holder) and the lines are a lot shorter and then you can ride multiple times. My favorite is The Beast and the best time of day to ride it is at dusk. It is totally awesome. There is also the Vortex(steel roller coaster) and Flight of Fear(inside steel roller coaster). If you would like to try some Cincinnati food, there is a LaRosa's pizza, Skyline Chili, and Montgomery Inn Ribs at King's Island. As catsrule has mentioned, the Cincinnati Zoo, Newport Aquarium, Museum of Natural History, and The Art Museum are good places to visit. I grew up here and if you have any other questions, just PM me.

I just took a nice long weekend there at the beginning of this month. KI was a lot of fun. We went on 4th of July - a little crowded :) I LOVE roller coasters, but could not stand Son of Beast. I got so hurt on it! And, if you are tall, forget it! My DH is 6'6...could not even get his legs bent in the car. I had a hard time at 5'8. I saw a bunch of other people that had waited in line 30 minutes with us..only to be too tall! It was really frustrating. I loved Top Gun, and the Flume thing (it was hot...that was my fave ride, actually :)). We stayed in Blue Ash - very nice. The Embassy Suites. I would go back there, but I think that I would make sure KI was a uncrowded day :)

Thanks for reminding me about Son of Beast. My DH is 6' and also felt cramped in the cars. It helps to sit in the middle of the section of cars so that you can slip you feet under the seat in front of you. He had a lot of trouble in the front car of each section. I am 5' 4" and had no trouble at all. Although on the Vortex I usually bang my ears on the overhead restraints and it really hurts. I must just be at the height while sitting that is uncomfortable.

Thanks for the replies!!! Im a member of ACE so i will get a walk back in the morning for the first ride of the day on either Beast/Son Of Beast or Tomb Raider. What day do you think will be best Tuesday or Wednesday???? I hear tuesday could have longer lines because season passholders can get 2 rides in a row. The museums sound very nice. Again thanks for the help.

Tuesday is double ride day for pass holders but they reserve one car only per ride(maybe 2) for pass holders so that shouldn't affect you much. Wednesday is the Waterworks Day for pass holders. Either day should be fine. My son is there today! We go once every two weeks. I love rollercoasters Hope you have a good day there. Let me know if you need anything else.

Just wanted to let you know that my son went yesterday, Thursday. He said that the line for Tomb Raider was 10 min., Beast was almost a walk on, Son of Beast was 20-25 min., Vortex was a walk on, Top Gun was a walk on and Flight of Fear was 30 min. So my advice is to go during the week.

Vortex - that is the one my db and dh loved. I liked it, too, but I got really banged around on it (my head). They should put better padding on them...

Thanks for the info. I rode Vortex several years ago and it is a headbanger!!! But i hear Flight of fear is alot better without the shoulder restraints.

Flight of Fear(formerly Outer Limits) is much better and the ride is so much smoother now that your head doesn't have to fight with the overhead restraint. You have to ride it again. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Im looking forward to riding it again.
Howis their simulator ride??? I heard they got rid of the Jmaes Bond simulator attraction which i didnt think waswell done.

Ya Flight of Fear really used to Hurt alot, I love KI and it's a must see, the beach is awsome, and Newport Aquarium is pretty cool, also, in the old Train staton (well kinda) there is an Imax, and I think it's showing that movie Extreme! Also see the Reds pull in to first place! (I wish)

There are now two IMAX theatres. One is located at Newport on the Levy(next to the Aquarium) and the other is at the Cincinnati Science Center (old Union Terminal) It houses the Children's Museum, the Museum of Natural History, and the Cincinnati History Museum. It is really a great building to see. It is a great example of the Art Deco Era. It is semi circle. It is located off I-75 at the Ezzard-Charles Exit just north of downtown.

As for the simulator ride at KI. This is only my opinion but I was very disappointed with the new movie that accompanies it. I probably will not go on it again until they change it.

Thanks for the help!!! All the info is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter