Looking for details on the Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour

maine_jennifer

<font color=0033ff>Loves to sing "Old MacDonald Ha
Would someone who has been on the the Magic Kingdom Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour, help me out . . .

How do you get to the Magic Kindom by 7:30am?
(We're staying at Caribbean Beach.)
How much walking is involved?
Is there any time to sit and rest?
Can you use an ECV on this tour?
What time does the tour get over?
In your opinion, was it worth it?

Any other information would also be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Originally posted by maine_jennifer
Would someone who has been on the the Magic Kingdom Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour, help me out . . .

How do you get to the Magic Kindom by 7:30am?
(We're staying at Caribbean Beach.)
How much walking is involved?
Is there any time to sit and rest?
Can you use an ECV on this tour?
What time does the tour get over?
In your opinion, was it worth it?

Any other information would also be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

If you have a car, you park at CR and walk over. If you don't have a car, take a cab. When we took the tour in May, just about everybody who took WDW transportation was about 10 minutes late. The tour had already started.

Actually, not much walking. You are on the train most of the time.

Not sure how Disney handles ECVs on this tour. Part of the tour is climbing up in the engine cab.

If I remeber right, the tour ended before 10.

ADDENDUM, my DW has just told me that the tour has recently changed and it is now an hour longer with a breakfast included.

And yes it was worth it.

I would have like to have taken the tour when they were giving out the RR spikes. That would have been a great memory.

Ed

My parents took this tour in December 2001. They were at Caribbean Resort. The front desk recommended they take a taxi to get there on time. They really enjoyed the tour.

We did this tour in mid August and it was great. We were about 15 minutes late due to taking a cab from our resort, and it was rather a mess trying to get someone to take us to the tour guide from the front gates. So make sure you get there early!

And even though I had "heard" that they were now including breakfast with the tour, they didn't serve breakfast. There was however a water and coffee break about midway thru the tour.

There is alot of getting on and getting off of the trains, and getting around in tight spots on the train itself. So not sure how the ECVs would be handled on this tour.

HTH a little! :D

Thanks for the up to date info! :)

How long was your tour? We're planning on getting a PS for the Crystal Palace and was wondering what time I should make it for.

I'm getting SO excited - not too many more days till I get to do my double digit dance!

I just took this tour last Thurs. We had someone use an ECV. The guy could walk when needed. I had a rental and drove to the Contempoary. We had some folks who took Disney Transportation and they got there after the tour started.

We started at the train station. Then we got on a train and went to train area in the back. The man in the ECV left the ECV at the train station and he walked the short distance about 100 feet to see the train they let us climb over. I did not notice if he stood the whole time we were there or sat down somewhere. The tour was great and all the folks we met who work on the trains love thier job. We did get a break and they had coffee and water for us. The tour is now listed for 3 hours. We were done in 2 1/2 hours. It depends on who gives the tour. I under stand some have gone more than 3 hours. If you have anything specific to ask let me know and I will try to answer it.

I am so excited to finally get replies on this!

Thanks for the info about the ECV, too! I don't know if my mom will be using an ECV or even if she's doing the train tour with me and my dad. I only asked becasue she had both knees replaced a year ago and she's not sure she if she'll need an ECV or not. We just want to be prepared.

Thanks again!

DH, DM (84) and I have ressies for this tour on Nov. 1st. Mom has had a knee replacement operation in April, and she's determined to join the fun. Will let you know how she makes out.

I was told that DH could drive to where the MK busses discharge passengers and drop us off there, and then he would park in the CR, telling them about the ressies for the steam tour so that he could park in the part of the lot with the closest walk for him.

There was no mention of having breakfast when we booked, but I'm happy to hear about them offering coffee and water.

Gee, I didn't know that most of the time was spent on the train, I'm more and more excited. We all very much enjoyed the train museum in Baltimore, and one in Roanoke. This is something we're looking forward to.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter