Looking for non-park ideas

tomandrobin

DIS Veteran
We have a trip coming up with another family, at the end of October. I am trying to plan a "guys" activity. DW, her friend and the three girls (14,15 and 16) are doing the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian.

There are four of us guys, me, friend, 14yo and 21yo. I was originally thinking of renting some jet skis at the Contemporary. But I saw in another post about snorkeling at the Living Seas.

Any additional thoughts or opinions?

Boat rentals at your resort or DTD.

Charter fishing trip from some resorts.

Just hang out and "male bond."

FWIW.....

Fishing trip would be good idea. How about golf, or even mini-golf. After mini-golf you could walk over to the Boardwalk and have lunch at the ESPN Zone.

If you have never been to Disney Quest, you would probably like it. My kids and husband loved it the first time, and even enjoyed it the second time, but after 4 times they are tired of it (nothing changes, so once you do it, there will not be anything new to see the next time).

There is a surfing school at Typhoon Lagoon, but I don't know much about it other than it sounds like fun.

At Beach Club marina you can rent water mice that even your 14 year old and drive (my kids did at 12). You can go down to MGM and back.

There are two minature golf courses, and one is in walking distance from Beach Club (somewhere around the Swan resort I believe), so if you go over there for the water mice, you could have lunch at ESPN and then go to minature golf also.

Of course the water parks are a lot of fun. I think teens like BB better.

DJ

I haven't done this and don't know a lot about it, but I know my husband has always wanted to do the Richard Petty driving experience. I think it is near the Poly. Have fun whatever you decide!

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour at the MK and highly recommend this one. There are some other great WDW tours available as well.

Don't forget Celebration too. They have a movie theatre and we just adore dining at Celebration Town Tavern! It is run by a Massachusetts family famous for their restaurant back there. Lots of New England favs on the menu!

I haven't done this and don't know a lot about it, but I know my husband has always wanted to do the Richard Petty driving experience. I think it is near the Poly. Have fun whatever you decide!

I don't think the 14 year old is allowed to drive.....is he? :drive: .......:car: .......:scared1:

Boat rentals at your resort or DTD.

Charter fishing trip from some resorts.

Just hang out and "male bond."

FWIW.....

Fishing sounds good too. We just went last weekend on a charter....great time, caught our limit in under two hours!

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour at the MK and highly recommend this one. There are some other great WDW tours available as well.

Don't forget Celebration too. They have a movie theatre and we just adore dining at Celebration Town Tavern! It is run by a Massachusetts family famous for their restaurant back there. Lots of New England favs on the menu!

I'll have to go check out the links for the different behind the scene tours.

C'mon...... 4 guys.... do the jet-ski... It is real cool.... Seriously, your friends will love you for it... It will be the highlight of the trip (for them). For you... the highlight will be something else.... calling Robin... Let him know why nothing else is comparable to you..... :) Have a great time :beach:

Yea, unless everyone in the group plays golf, or can at least fake it, I would suggest taking the fishing trip. It doesnt get more "guy" than that....

If you are into technology, you could do a Segway tour or, for a different type of sea animal activity, you could do the diving activity in the Living Seas.

We vacation with a group almost every time we go to WDW. My DH and the rest of the "guys" always do the fishing trip. They really enjoy it!

My DH also has done golf at the World with friends and enjoyed that a bunch too. But if your group doesn't all play I'd do the fishing or your original idea the jet skis! I think the guys would all really enjoy them. Sammy Duvall's at the CR has several other water things you can do like parasailing or water sking or tubing.

Girls are having tea at the GF one day. While we're doing that, the guys are either going to Disney Quest or a waterpark with the kids. Then another day the guys are going to do a segway tour and then go have lunch at the Turf Club while we hang out at SAB with the kids.

You've got some great ideas - have fun!

You're right, I'm sure the 14 yr old is not allowed to drive at the Richard Petty Driving Experience :eek: but I think they have a ride along program where you don't drive. Not sure what the age would be for that. I'm sure whatever you do will be a lot of fun!

You're right, I'm sure the 14 yr old is not allowed to drive at the Richard Petty Driving Experience :eek: but I think they have a ride along program where you don't drive. Not sure what the age would be for that.

You must be 16 for even the Ride-Along experience. My son just did it last summer. It costs about $100 pp and the actual driving experience is $300ish pp (depending on the amount of laps). My husband did the driving and my son, the ride-along. They both LOVED it, but it is rather time consuming. You have to wait your turn. So if one person is just watching, it can get rather long. But they would highly recommend it!!

CR---I just took 16 and 21 year old sons for an afternoon and they loved it. There's a lot of exciting things, between jet skiing, parasailing, the water mice, water skiing, fishing excursions......

After discussing the options with my friend, I think we are going to do the jet ski at Contemporary! Do we need to make reservations for the jet skis?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter