Looking for something to do on a Sunday in February

JenniferK

Mouseketeer
We will be staying in Anaheim in Feb 2018, 14th-21st, with the first and last being travel days.

We are doing 3 Disney days (Thurs - Sat), a day with the Warner Bros and More tour (Hollywood, LA, etc on Mon) and a Universal day (Tues). I thought I had a tour for Sunday, but the tour company offering it does not do Sundays it looks like. It was a whale and dolphin watching tour, along with tour of local beaches - an all day tour.

I thought about switching things around, but it is a holiday weekend and we want to avoid the theme parks on Sun and Mon. The Hollywood/LA/ Warner Bros tour is also not available on Sunday.

It will be me, my husband and son who will be just shy of 14. We will not have a car. Really don't want to do a museum.

I really am bummed because I was looking forward to the whale tour. They were going to pick us up at our hotel (Camelot Inn).

Any ideas?

I'd rent a car after you're done with DL and then you'd have lots of options for Sun, could drive yourself to WB and Universal on Mon and Tues. Or you could move hotels closer to somewhere that has whale watching like Long Beach or Dana Point. There's also Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach and you might find it easier to get to Hollywood/WB/USH on consecutive days from there if you don't move to a hotel near USH. I think there's someone who works on whale watching tours who posts here that could clarify, but I don't think you're going to see much in February, it's the fringe of when grey whales migrate and the weather could be awful as well.

Thank you! I won't drive over there and my husband commutes in Chicagoland traffic and doesn't really want to deal with LA area traffic, which is why we didn't rent a car. I looked around for things to do, and am leaning towards Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach along with their Gray Whale Watch boat tour (I think I saw that they migrate through April). Unless something like the original tour comes along, we will do this (thanks for suggesting). The issue now is getting there and back. Uber or taxi a bit more than I want to spend. Renting a car for the day might work, but would really rather find a shuttle. No luck there yet. Public transport is cheap but takes 2-4 times as long and we really don't want to do that either.

Yeah people tend to underestimate how massive and sprawled out Southern California is. Its not like Chicago where you can hop on the L and get anywhere in the loop in a few minutes for $3. A rental car really opens up your options, saving hours on your commute, and saving you from having to sit next to some of the sweatiest, stinkiest people in the galaxy.

Well I did an actual Uber estimate on their site instead of the original estimate I got from some site that compile travel time info - turns out it costs about the same for that round trip as is does to rent a car for the day and then we don't have to pay for parking or deal with walking over and ranting/returning the car. I REALLY didn't want to deal with the extra time and hassle (and yes, smell, lol) of taking public transportation. Thanks again!

There is the Queen Mary ship in Long Beach. You can also book a room to stay overnight.

If you want to see the Pacific the Orange County beaches are nearby. The drive from Anaheim to Huntington Beach is about 30 minutes. DH and I have vacationed in Huntington Beach and drove up to Anaheim to go to Downtown Disney or Angel Stadium gift shop. Just normal suburban traffic ( we are from Philadelphia) .Maybe just rent a car for a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!