Looks like DCL going back to Greece 2021

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
So I was doing some stalking online since DCL won't release their summer itineraries already :)

And I found the schedule for the Port of Piraeus (Athens) for 2021...looks like the Magic is there on June 15 (M), June 23 (Tu), July 2 (Th), and July 11 (Sat). The times are 5:30am to 5:00pm so I wonder if that indicates a port stop or an embarkation point? You could make an argument for either....either DCL is doing 4 Greek Isles cruises, or 2 that begin/end in Piraeus.

Anyone else stalked any 2021 ports?

ETA: Here is the link to the actual port itself, not just the PDF. http://www.olp.gr/en/cruise-greece/cruise-programme

Last edited:

Interesting port times for Athens and I agree it looks like those times mean the cruises will originate there. It is a bit expensive to fly into Athens compared to other Mediterranean cities. I guess Disney is continuing to switch starting Mediterranean cities over time. Barcelona mainly a few years ago, Rome most recently, and now Athens.

Interesting port times for Athens and I agree it looks like those times mean the cruises will originate there. It is a bit expensive to fly into Athens compared to other Mediterranean cities. I guess Disney is continuing to switch starting Mediterranean cities over time. Barcelona mainly a few years ago, Rome most recently, and now Athens.
Well the good thing about Europe is we can always take cheap flights to “somewhere” and then a different intra-Europe flight or train ride to Athens. Plus if it starts in Athens we can spend more time there than just one day in port, which appeals to me.

Excellent, excellent find but if it’s the latter scenario, wouldn’t it be 3 RT from Piraeus?

15th - repositioning arrives
15-23 RT
23-2 RT
2-11 RT
11 - repositioning departs

Of course, as you said it could be 4 port stops. Hmm fun mystery!
Good point! Or maybe that last one is a one way that ends in Barcelona?
ETA: duh. That’s what you already said. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter