Loops in Use During Covid

Stork

Mouseketeer

Got tired of being under pseudo house arrest here in Tallahassee. Got a ressie for 7 nights on a P-Meadows spot for 5-12 Oct 20.

Question: Is there a list posted somewhere (that I missed) on which loops are open? We normally ask for Big Bear/Little Bear (1400). I know that will probably change, hopefully, by October but curious on which Loops/Sites are available for requesting. TIA.

P.S. - Love Bugs...don't ya' just hate 'em!?!

When I was there last week the only closed loops were 1500-1900.

You should be good to go to request whatever premium meadow loop you like. 1400 was open and occupied.

NO please tell me 1500 isn't closed! We may have to upgrade site types then as I dont like 2000 at all. We have a large pop up with shower and toilet(cassette). No black water tank.

NO please tell me 1500 isn't closed! We may have to upgrade site types then as I dont like 2000 at all. We have a large pop up with shower and toilet(cassette). No black water tank.
I was there too last week 1500-1900 are closed.

P.S. - Love Bugs...don't ya' just hate 'em!?!
You threw me there for a minute! I was thinking, wow! You have Love Bugs already? I figured they were a month out at least.....
Then I saw the front cap of your rig...

stork,

our DISMeet will be starting up as your trip is winding down. But you're welcome to come over to our loop (whatever it ends up being) and meet folks. We will find out what that loop is closer to time.

Bama Ed

You threw me there for a minute! I was thinking, wow! You have Love Bugs already? I figured they were a month out at least.....
Then I saw the front cap of your rig...
Sorry to confuse you, Don. I thought I had captioned that pic to say it was from our May '19 trip. My error.
No matter when, though, love bugs still, and always will, Suck...with a capital S.

stork,

our DISMeet will be starting up as your trip is winding down. But you're welcome to come over to our loop (whatever it ends up being) and meet folks. We will find out what that loop is closer to time.

Bama Ed
Thanks Mr Bama Ed...Looking forward to seeing you all.

I notice Full Hookups are still available. I wonder if thats a free upgrade then?

Well, they are still using 2100 which is a Full loop (only one open). The other Full loops 1600-1900 have been reported as closed so far.

2100 was a cabin loop for many years (originally a camping loop) before it was reverted back to a camping (Full) loop a few years ago. More demand for campsites and not as much for cabins.

Dumb question time..... What's the green hose for?

For years on this website the green hose was a joke punchline.

But seriously, Dave, the green hose is there (the end is cut off) is for washing down the campsite by a Cast Member before you arrive and campers also use it to spray/wash out their black and gray hoses/tubes/pipes. Thus it is NOT, repeat, NOT a source for potable water (that you might drink).

Because you DON'T KNOW where that hose tip has been recently. :sad2:

Bama Ed

Also for those that don't know, the end is cut off for two reasons, one so the CM who cleans off the site can fold the end over and use it as a sprayer and the second because so many campers used to take them when they left.

Well, they are still using 2100 which is a Full loop (only one open). The other Full loops 1600-1900 have been reported as closed so far.

2100 was a cabin loop for many years (originally a camping loop) before it was reverted back to a camping (Full) loop a few years ago. More demand for campsites and not as much for cabins.

But seriously, Dave, the green hose is there (the end is cut off) is for washing down the campsite by a Cast Member before you arrive and campers also use it to spray/wash out their black and gray hoses/tubes/pipes. Thus it is NOT, repeat, NOT a source for potable water (that you might drink).

Bama Ed

Ah yes I forgot about 2100 being full hook up now.

Bama Ed
That makes sense....thanks

Random question I didnt want to start another thread for.

Can you drive around at "check-in" time, find an open site, and call the from desk to claim it? Or are you stuck with the one given to you at check-in? First time Fort Camper and Im over whelmed by the site choices.

Can you drive around at "check-in" time, find an open site, and call the from desk to claim it? Or are you stuck with the one given to you at check-in?
Brett,

The answer is "sort of". The Fort will have a site assigned to you before you arrive. You won't know where it is or if you'll like it (fit, location, size) until you arrive or get a text the day of your arrival. You will have a couple of options if the assigned site isn't what (or where) you were hoping for.

The first is to ask at the check in booth (or walk inside at the Outpost registration) for a different loop or location. I did this last trip when I was assigned the 1400 loop. Nothing against 1400, but I had been there every time I reserved a Premium site and wanted to try somewhere else. I'm also really long (65 ft with the 42 ft trailer and 23 ft truck) and I don't fit on a lot of sites. At the check in booth (and registration desk) they can see what sites are open and they have a book with rough dimensions of the sites. I was able to "pick" a 68 ft long site in the 600 loop that was perfect.

The second choice is a little closer to your question. Some (I haven't done it) have driven to their assigned site and found it just won't work. Generally there is something about it that makes it unmanageable. Too short, impossible to get into with their rig, too far/too close to a comfort station. They have found an unoccupied site that is a better fit and called or driven to the Outpost to ask to be switched.

The problem with just driving around looking for a site you like is there are 5 different categories of loops. It isn't always apparent what loops are what category. You may find the perfect site and it is a "Premium Meadows" loop and not the "Preferred" loop you reserved.

This can be overwhelming. The easiest approach is check out the campground maps on here and decide which site type is best (location, price, size). Reserve that category and see what you are assigned. You can call down a few days before you arrive and ask to have a note put on your reservation with a specific request. I do this having them put a note on mine about how long I am. Some tent campers with really big tents have done the same. Some have requested a favorite specific site (or sites) and been successful getting that site. Just remember, a request is just that. No guarantees, but it seems the schedulers do take it into consideration.

j

...Some have requested a favorite specific site (or sites) and been successful getting that site. Just remember, a request is just that. No guarantees, but it seems the schedulers do take it into consideration.
Brett,
I have called in the past but I have found their response of "it's in the system" not sincere enough for me, and it didn't seem to bear fruit. I have had significantly better luck with sending them a fax the Wednesday prior to my arrival. That way the campsite assigning Daddy-Rabbit has a "hard copy" of my request to reference. But even then, sometimes, after doing the online check-in en route to FW, we still don't get what we requested. In that case, the CM at the "toll booth" check-in has generally been able to come through for us and secured the requested site or at least the requested loop.

I didn't see in your original post what equipment you have, how long it is, what type of campsite you have reserved, and when your ressie is for. If you like, PM me and I'll forward what I have sent them previously and the fax number. (Unless, of course, you're looking for a specific Premium Meadow site around Oct 5th or Dec 3rd.) 😎

As Mr. Teamubr said, though, it is a request only, no guarantees. Well, there is one guarantee; you won't get what you want if you don't ask (unless you're really, really lucky).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter