Loops in Use During Covid

Just did a check with a friend there now and she claimed to have heard a rumor that more loops will be opening next week. We'll have to wait and see
I wonder if the Governor's round-table discussion with the Theme Park Managers last week has anything to do with this. I thought he was going to open up attendance number allowed since FL is doing much better with their daily number of cases.

This is the third time I've read this in the last week. Hopefully there is something to it.

j

Not sure.

More sites means more folks running around. Unless it means Disney opening a few more things up or adding hours I'm not for it. Just longer waits.

Just did a check with a friend there now and she claimed to have heard a rumor that more loops will be opening next week. We'll have to wait and see
If you hear they have, let me know! I’m trying to fit in another trip in before the meet.

Ok I too didn’t want to start a new thread and feel it’s in topic.

Length of stay- So you all know I wanted to fit in a trip before the meet. Every weekend in September for a 2 night stay shows full. For example, check in on 9/25 and out on 9/27 shows nothing available. Check in on 9/25 out on 9/28, nothing. Check in on 9/25 and out on 9/29..book almost all loop types available.

Is there some minimum stay I’m not aware of?

Ok I too didn’t want to start a new thread and feel it’s in topic.

Length of stay- So you all know I wanted to fit in a trip before the meet. Every weekend in September for a 2 night stay shows full. For example, check in on 9/25 and out on 9/27 shows nothing available. Check in on 9/25 out on 9/28, nothing. Check in on 9/25 and out on 9/29..book almost all loop types available.

Your best bet is to call. Agents can play with sites the computer only will show sites that are open for all the dates requested

Yes there is.

It's on a sliding scale in terms of booking timeline, Arc. You want two weekend nights? Better book WAY early when there is little demand showing.

Disney used to let you book the longer stay then come back after and drop the unwanted nights ("modify my current reservation"). Lately they have not been so willing to drop (they call those "widow nights" as nights that won't get booked EVER at the last minute). Of course you can always cancel the whole thing if they won't let you drop unwanted nights.

Bama Ed

PS - in London and Broadway theater circle, unbooked seats and last minute cancels are hated. Say there are three seats in a close row but you only want two. If you search for two they won't show up; if you search for three you will find them but then they don't let you drop the one; that one is referred to as the "widow seat". Same concept here - Disney wants to book every room/campsite for every night and tries to limit people playing reservations games. So they show availability long but not short. The closer you get to your arrival, though, the more they're willing to deal/allow.

The closer you get to your arrival, though, the more they're willing to deal/allow
Ohhhh so what you’re saying is it’s likely I’ll see the weekend reservation be “allowed” closer to the actual arrival date (if available)? Which would make sense because that last weekend trip we booked I did last minute.

ps..I want to be @bama_ed when I grow up.

Ohhhh so what you’re saying is it’s likely I’ll see the weekend reservation be “allowed” closer to the actual arrival date (if available)? Which would make sense because that last weekend trip we booked I did last minute.

Well, okay. I've only been doing this for twenty years. We got folks in the business longer than that. But of course no guarantees there will be availability closer in. I checked availability for just the Friday night and just the Saturday night of your request and it was no go.

It's a game of chicken to see who blinks first.

You can try a TA but based on my DISMeet conversations they see what we see but they're paid for being very persistent (they earn their commission no doubt).

Shhhh. 🤫

He's from Florida. He's only considering stepping back to Alabama. He's not considering falling down all the way back to Mississippi.

Bama Ed

NO please tell me 1500 isn't closed! We may have to upgrade site types then as I dont like 2000 at all. We have a large pop up with shower and toilet(cassette). No black water tank.

If you have a cassette toilet, you have a black water tank. It's the bottom half of the toilet. You probably don't have a grey water tank, for the shower and sink. We use a 4 wheeled tow-able tote to take to the next loop over and dump in an empty site.

I totally agree with disliking 2000 loop. I'd almost rather stay in a room than stay there. Even the larger sites don't make up for the location, crazy number of people, and noise. I've only stayed at one site on 2000 that I was happy with.

Random question I didnt want to start another thread for.

Can you drive around at "check-in" time, find an open site, and call the from desk to claim it? Or are you stuck with the one given to you at check-in? First time Fort Camper and Im over whelmed by the site choices.

I agree with the "kind of" answer. We have done this. If we get assigned a site at check-in that we don't like, and see one we do like that is empty, we have always gotten them to change us. Of course that's been in the same loop every time but once.

We were assigned a site in 2000, and drove through 1500 and saw an empty. Called up front to try to get it and they told us that they didn't give that site to trailers, only tents, because of the angle it was on. We told them we could get in it, no problem. It was a very small site, smaller than the others on 1500, but they let us take it and we were happy.

If you have a cassette toilet, you have a black water tank. It's the bottom half of the toilet. You probably don't have a grey water tank, for the shower and sink. We use a 4 wheeled tow-able tote to take to the next loop over and dump in an empty site.

I totally agree with disliking 2000 loop. I'd almost rather stay in a room than stay there. Even the larger sites don't make up for the location, crazy number of people, and noise. I've only stayed at one site on 2000 that I was happy with.

I agree with the "kind of" answer. We have done this. If we get assigned a site at check-in that we don't like, and see one we do like that is empty, we have always gotten them to change us. Of course that's been in the same loop every time but once.

We were assigned a site in 2000, and drove through 1500 and saw an empty. Called up front to try to get it and they told us that they didn't give that site to trailers, only tents, because of the angle it was on. We told them we could get in it, no problem. It was a very small site, smaller than the others on 1500, but they let us take it and we were happy.

I have a black water cassette not really a tank. Semantics I guess. Ours slides out the side of the popup as opposed to the toilet sitting on top of a tank. I guess it still sits on a tank though : ) I cant run a black water line to full hook ups was my point is saying that. We don't have much need for full hookups usually. I do have two grey water lines, but again no mounted grey tank. I carry a 15 gallon rolling tank for the shower grey water and 6 gallon for the sink. We have rebooked for preferred for now. I really wish Disney was like other campgrounds where you could choose your exact site when reserving. Thanks for confirming my 2000 loop fears.

Last edited:
Random question I didnt want to start another thread for.

Can you drive around at "check-in" time, find an open site, and call the from desk to claim it? Or are you stuck with the one given to you at check-in? First time Fort Camper and Im over whelmed by the site choices.

To clarify, don't get confused like I did.

I drove around my loop after checking in one time and saw a different empty site that I wanted and called back to the lobby to ask for the swap.

They said 'no you can't have it'.

And there is a very good reason.

Folks who do the early online checkin will get a text at some point with their site number after it's been cleaned and prepped. AT THAT POINT THE SITE IS "OCCUPIED". Even if the Fort guest getting the text is still hours away in Jacksonville on I95 when he gets it. Once the text goes out, it's his even if it sits empty for hours. If the arriving guest didn't use early checkin or the text hasn't gone out yet, they can/will swap it.

I saw the empty site I wanted sit empty for hours after I arrived. But now I understand. So bottom line is if you see an empty one, you can certainly ask for it.

But sometime's the answer is no.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
PS - in London and Broadway theater circle, unbooked seats and last minute cancels are hated. Say there are three seats in a close row but you only want two. If you search for two they won't show up; if you search for three you will find them but then they don't let you drop the one; that one is referred to as the "widow seat". Same concept here - Disney wants to book every room/campsite for every night and tries to limit people playing reservations games. So they show availability long but not short. The closer you get to your arrival, though, the more they're willing to deal/allow.

I must say, I didn’t expect to learn about Broadway from Bama Ed.
:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter