Lose the Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
We listen to get our Disney fix. Am I the only one who rolls their eyes and turns the podcast off when these guys get political?

It's like if "The View" did a Disney Podcast o_O
Sorry, got to say that it never really bothered me. If it was not kept brief, it might, but it always is, IMHO. Views are also never stated as just stating gratuitously, using the Fix or the podcast as a convenient platform, they are used to explain opinions, and/or to more fully explain an issue. Again, IMHO.

Last edited:

Doesn't bother me a bit. Like it or not, politics affects all of this, the company, the parks, things in Orlando outside of the parks, etc. One thing that I've always loved about the DIS and a big reason why it's the only Disney podcast I listen to is that they don't sugar coat anything or pull any punches. They speak their mind. I may not always agree with them but I love and respect the fact that they are open and honest.

Maybe it is just me listening to many political shows, but do they really get political on the podcasts? The only one I remember was the episode on the Pulse shooting.

I agree with what some of the others have posted. I don't mind it at all. Unfortunately, sometimes politics and Disney intertwine, or has an affect on. It would be more of a disservice to us if they didn't report on some of the political issues affecting Disney and Orlando tourism. Plus, I think the team does a great job of trying to keep it at a minimum. You're never going to be able to please everyone.

I agree with what some of the others have posted. I don't mind it at all. Unfortunately, sometimes politics and Disney intertwine, or has an affect on. It would be more of a disservice to us if they didn't report on some of the political issues affecting Disney and Orlando tourism. Plus, I think the team does a great job of trying to keep it at a minimum. You're never going to be able to please everyone.
I think there has really only ever been one time when a political discussion on the show got out of hand and even then it relly just was one person that had a passionate view about something.

I think there has really only ever been one time when a political discussion on the show got out of hand and even then it relly just was one person that had a passionate view about something.
Lies. Pete gets political about Florida's pizza situation quite often.

Seriously, if the news that week is about Reedy Creek pretending to vote on a land issue I want to hear about it from a Disney World podcast with people who know WDW and how the machine works. As mentioned, this isn't a weekly hour long segment on our latest haul from Disney. I suppose would consider it political next to vacation blogs.

I don't even remember that. Was it the Pulse shooting?

I think they normally do a great job of keeping politics out of it. Pete is always saying that is something best left out of the program. So, if they break their own rules once in a rare occasion, deal with it. If you feel you have to turn if off, then do so. Your loss.

We listen to get our Disney fix. Am I the only one who rolls their eyes and turns the podcast off when these guys get political?

It's like if "The View" did a Disney Podcast o_O

Ok, I'll bite. No, you're not alone. I've noticed more politics in the weekly podcast post elections than there used to be, and I mean politics having nothing at all to do with Disney or Orlando. Opinions about Kathy griffin or who should run for president aren't Disney related...so when that comes up I do roll my eyes and get slightly irritated, but it's never very long and I'm not following the DIS because I agree with their politics, but because I genuinely like them as people and enjoy sharing my love for Disney with them.

I find it odd to say that if you disagree with their politics this isn't the podcast for you...why not? Who said we have to agree on everything to still like each other? Just because of a political comment here or there which the OP might find irritating or inappropriate? That doesn't mean it's not the place for him...I'm not an American, and I know politics have become super heated in America right now, but I can love you and be irritated by your opinions at the same time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!