Lots of ?'s for O'hanas...

Badger Brent

DIS Veteran
We will be eating at ohanas on Friday dec 18th and was wondering what is the average length it takes to eat meals here? If we get seated right at 8, would we be sitting way too long to still view the fireworks from the mcmcp at 9:15? Do they try to rush you out? I do like to take my time eating this kind of meal to get me moneys worth out of it. Also, did you have to make a request at the podium for fireworks viewing? Or is the viewing pretty good from a lot of areas in ohanas? Sorry so many questions....

Hi Badger Brent! All this talk of 'Ohana's is making me hungry for the wontons on the appetizer plate!

OK, lets see about your questions. I believe in the past it has taken us about an hour or so to eat. If you're seated at 8, I think you can stretch out until about 9:15.

As far as seeing the fireworks, I would definitely request main dining room when checking in at the podium, the side room you will definitely NOT be able to see them from & it's a little quieter. There are some obstructions in the Main dining room (I think a few columns and maybe some plants - I can't quite remember). It wouldn't hurt to mention that you would like to view the fireworks to the hostess either.

HTH,
Colette

Would they pipe in the music for the MVMCP? I'm actually hoping that are ps is a little late and then we should be in there at the right time to view the fireworks. We plan on going out to beach afterwards and watching the floats.

Don't worry about being rushed either. We ate here on our last trip and were there for over an hour. We were seated further back from the windows w/ a direct view of the castle and were still able to see the fireworks very well. Yes, they do pipe in the music from the park during the fireworks. I thought it was a great way to see the fireworks and not have to fight the crowds in the park.

Also, if you have kids traveling w/ you, the games they do at O'hanas' are alot of fun for them, and that will take up some of your dining time.

Mmmm, the shrimp and the wantons....can't wait until April.

Enjoy!

We ate at 'Ohana's in October. We had 7:30 dinner reservations and Wishes was at 8:30 that night. We asked for the main dining room with a window seat with a view of the fireworks and we had a perfect view. They dimed the lights and piped in the music from Wishes. We were just starting desert and coffee for this. The only problem I see with your schedule is the Water Pagent passes the Poly at 9:00 every evening (I believe these are the barges you are referring to).
Linda

We ate there last Thursday during the Christmas Party. We were seated at 7:50 and we eating dessert when the fireworks started at 9:15. The timing and our view was perfect. The did *not* dim the lights nor pipe in the music, however. Perhaps they do this for the regular fireworks but not for those with the Christmas party?

We had a limited view of the water pageant from our seats, but the other poster is correct-- the water pageant passes the Poly at 9-- you can't get a good view of both from Ohana.

Beatnik

I'm not sure why you want to stay in the restaurant. I'd rather finish at 8:50, go down to the beach and watch both the Water Pageant and Wishes from there.

I agree with erikthewise. I enjoyed watching Wishes from inside since they piped in the music but if they do not do this for the Christmas Party it would be great to watch the Water Pagent at 9:00 followed by the fireworks from the Christmas Party.

Linda

We've done the outside fireworkd viewing from the beach before. Never been in ohanas to view it from inside. Just trying something different this time around. We will have a great time either way. I just want to go in with a empty stomach so I can get my money's worth. Just eat 1 less mickey bar during the day!!

I am looking at trying this O'Hanas on our upcoming visit in February. Parks close at 7. I guess I will try for a PS for 6:00 or 6:30. Thanks for your information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter