Lots of YouTubers in Tokyo

Ann-CA

Mouseketeer
Is there something special going on at Tokyo Disneyland? I noticed multiple YouTubers there this week (ordinary adventure, mammoth club, DFB). Maybe they talked about it in live feeds or something but I haven’t listened.

I noticed it as well and have no idea why they‘re all there at the same time. I’m excited for the well-timed content though as I‘ll be going soon.

My pure guess is it’s cooling off after the summer but before the 40th celebration ends but who knows? So odd.

I was in Tokyo Disney last week and was wondering the same since I suddenly saw so many You Tubers/Instagramers in Japan around the same time. I don't think there was an event or anything, but I'm guessing it's some combination of Japan tourism opening up (which happened a year ago, but most people probably couldn't plan the trip right away), weak yen (exchange rate was great for my trip), and maybe Halloween events (extra parade, special merch/food/decorations, and I was blown away by the costumes guests wore to the park -- many we thought were official characters at first glance!).

I am surprised that there are so many going now since Fantasy Springs is opening next year.

If you're going to go to Japan, this is also the best time of year imo. You dodge the heat of Spring and Summer, and don't have to deal with Golden Week or Cherry Blossom season. It might just be a coincidence I guess.

I think it might just be a coincidence but Japan is a top tourist destination right now. Besides myself, I know at least 6 people that are planning trips to Japan within the next year. If you can get over the hurdle of bonkers flight prices, Japan is a fairly cheap country to visit and the weak yen definitely contributes to that too.

Didn’t they ban vlogging and videoing on rides at Tokyo Disney? I just read several articles about it, one about it being banned on rides, from 2022 but nothing saying that was lifted.

I’m confused as to how they are all vlogging if that’s the case.

Didn’t they ban vlogging and videoing on rides at Tokyo Disney? I just read several articles about it, one about it being banned on rides, from 2022 but nothing saying that was lifted.

I’m confused as to how they are all vlogging if that’s the case.

Mammoth Club talked about how they adjusted their filming style in the Tokyo parks because of the vlogging ban and other cultural differences. I just watched their first TDR video and it's different from their usual US parks vlogging videos -- more video with voiceover they recorded later and they also blurred out other guests' faces in the background of the videos.

Mammoth Club talked about how they adjusted their filming style in the Tokyo parks because of the vlogging ban and other cultural differences. I just watched their first TDR video and it's different from their usual US parks vlogging videos -- more video with voiceover they recorded later and they also blurred out other guests' faces in the background of the videos.

I’m watching that one right now and I noticed the different style and heard them mention that. I was just confused at the “vlogging ban” but people are vlogging.

Edited to add: I just got to the point in the video where they said the day they were they they changed the rules. I’m still curious of these rules and what they were changed to but that helps answer some questions.

Also, I’m not trying to imply the broke any rules. I was just confused and trying to understand.

Last edited:
I’m watching that one right now and I noticed the different style and heard them mention that. I was just confused at the “vlogging ban” but people are vlogging.

Edited to add: I just got to the point in the video where they said the day they were they they changed the rules. I’m still curious of these rules and what they were changed to but that helps answer some questions.

Also, I’m not trying to imply the broke any rules. I was just confused and trying to understand.

I'm not sure what the exact wording of the rules were before and after that day, but currently on the TDR web site it says under prohibited activities: "Public transmission or recording of any kind that may inconvenience other guests."

It seems open to interpretation... like you can still video record but just not in a way that bothers/impacts other people. So instead of walking around filming and talking at the same time (which they would typically do in the US parks), Mammoth Club seemed to limit themselves to filming without talking or recording themselves talking in a quieter spot, away from other people. I haven't watched any other TDR videos recently to compare, but am looking forward to when the others post theirs, like Ordinary Adventures.

The so called vlogging ban was some misinterpretation of a wording change on the TDR website by English speaking bloggers. Recording that may inconvenience other guests has always been banned in all the Disney parks per the terms but never fully enforced. At some point, a line to the Tokyo website was added about commercial activity at the park after some incidents involving resellers. English language blogs reported this as Tokyo Disney changing their rules on vlogging which the Tokyo Disney PR team specifically said had not changed. In fact, many of these English language blogs quoted specifically the parts of the policy that didn't change relating to public transmission and recording rather than the lines that were added to the page relating to commercial activity.

In more recent months, Japanese laws did change to more explicitly prohibit filming other people without their permission. Western vloggers have always been rude compared to Japanese vloggers and some recent incidents have made more Japanese people see Western vloggers as nuisances.

I thought the same thing the last time I went to Tokyo Disney. They were taking pictures in various places, but they were a bit in the way of others...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter