Loving the Journey - Feb 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Who, where & what are you thankful for?

Who - my honorary niece and nephew. I'm helping to watch them for this last year before "big" school, and they do wonders for my attitude! I can get lost in playing with them and not worry about what's going on in the world. I exercise my creativity doing crafts and planning activities for them. And I've made friends with the other moms/grandmas/babysitters who bring their little charges to preschool, storytime, and the like.

Where - the library. Even in the digital age, I still love a good book! My library belongs to a great network, and I can search and reserve books online and pick them up at my local branch. I've also been signing out discount passes lately for places to take the kids I mentioned above.

What - my phone. I never would have believed I'd say that when I was younger, as I pretty much hate actually talking on the phone! :laughing: But I love the many other ways I use it:
alarms and reminders - to "outsource" the things cluttering up my brain
texting - to avoid all those phone calls and to keep in touch with my DS in college
camera and internet connection - Having those always with me is great!

I am thankful for my kitties, they fill the house (and my life) with silliness and cuddles. Mike has taken to sitting on the coffee table and staring at me while I watch TV, and of course that means I have to give him head scritches.

I am also thankful for my car. I drive a 2004 Pontiac Vibe that I've been thinking of replacing for three or four years, but it's just been such a good trusty little car that I can't bare to part with it. It does need to go in and have a couple things looked at, if I have to invest more than a couple hundred dollars I'll keep it for several more years.

I am thankful that I can afford to go on trips and take vacations, because some days being able to dream about them is all that gets me through!

Who-my wonderful son in law. He’s such a good husband and father and a perfect fit in our crazy little family. Everyone loves him. And he loves Disney!

What-my kindle. I love my library and use it extensively, but I like to read mysteries and novels that were published between the wars. They aren’t usually available through the the library system (or the the copies are so old they skeeve me out) so for $3 or $4 I treat myself.

Where-our place at the beach! My in laws had the foresight to buy lots many years ago-we’ve rebuilt the houses, but the lots are priceless. I like to think about my daughter and her family enjoying it in years to come. It’s our happy place, for sure.

Thankful Thursday:

Who?
My daughter...the child I dreamed about all my life...the one I went through In Vitro Fertilization to have...the one I spent 6 months of bed rest to keep safe...the one that required an emergency c-section...the girl that grew into an amazing young lady...my best friend.

What?
My home...the place I crash...the pool in the backyard...the gardens in the summer...where family and friends come to find support and a listening ear or just come to laugh and have fun.

Where?
The beach...just 10 minutes from home...where I can find peace, calm, and a clear mind...where I walk for exercise while I admire the beauty and listen to the waves crash along the shore...where the sun shines on me warming me and giving me hope.

Who -- My doctor
What -- Antibiotics
Where -- WDW. but sad that we might be cancelling out trip. We have a while before we go but we are cautiously watching the virus out break and will make a decision around 45 days out. But it has been talked about. I miss my happy place! If we do cancel we will reschedule for another time. Maybe next year.

It’s Free-For-All Friday!
What do you want to share?

It’s also the end of February!
How did you make out this month?
I will take final measurements tomorrow. But I know I was off track this month. I maintained my workout routine. I read my books. I got sleep. But the snacking 🤦🏻‍♀️

Looks like we are set for March:
Week 1: PollyannaMom
Week 2: Oneanne
Week 3: HappyGrape
Week 4: sjrec

It’s also the end of February!
How did you make out this month?

For February, I'll be trying to meet a 500 minute goal in the exercise thread, making sure I get out in the sunshine (even when it's cold) and slooooowly decluttering my house.

Exercise - on track to finish by Saturday 👏
Sunshine - did pretty well with that 😻
Decluttering - yeah, that didn't happen :rolleyes1

Well, the 5lbs I had hoped to lose did not happen. Considering how I was snacking though, it’s a miracle I didn’t gain 5lbs! I did get myself under control this past week, so hoping to carry this over next month. Because our weather was pretty good this month I did get out most days for my walks-so good for my health mentally and physically!

Going to my grandson’s basketball game tomorrow and hanging out with the family-going to make MickeyMom76’s chili (0 WW points!)

Ooppssss... did not make most of those February goals. I did the EFT and this weekend will get my six bags of stuff taken to Goodwill, but that is it.

It has been beautiful weather this week, but is forecast to be rainy over the weekend... I think I'll go ahead and mow even if the grass is wet, it just can't be put off any longer. I haven't done any housework this week, so there's lots to get caught up on. Need to start March off right with a tidy lawn and organized house!

So I'm new to this, end it's the end of the month....oops. But last night my sister and I started at the gym. I'm getting married on May 31st and my goal is to feel 100% confident in myself. I don't want to diet, it never works for me. So just small, healthier changes and keep active.

Ooppssss... did not make most of those February goals. I did the EFT and this weekend will get my six bags of stuff taken to Goodwill, but that is it.

It has been beautiful weather this week, but is forecast to be rainy over the weekend... I think I'll go ahead and mow even if the grass is wet, it just can't be put off any longer. I haven't done any housework this week, so there's lots to get caught up on. Need to start March off right

So I'm new to this, end it's the end of the month....oops. But last night my sister and I started at the gym. I'm getting married on May 31st and my goal is to feel 100% confident in myself. I don't want to diet, it never works for me. So just small, healthier changes and keep active.
Welcome! We’ll be starting a new thread for March on Monday. Please join us!

So 4 out of 18 of my students had a stomach bug this week. Some of my colleagues had it too.

Today is my turn. I got sick in school and had to leave at 12:00. I am so green right now.

See you all tomorrow on the March thread.
I was so out of it yesterday. I forgot about leap year...it’s still February Dummy.

Good news is that I lost 5 pounds in the last 22 hours! Hopefully it all doesn’t come back on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter