Luau worth it if not eating much?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Would the luau be worth doing if you could not eat that much of the food?

the Luau is more about the show than the food, there is food but its generally not that good. We like the show at Fia Fia which is at the Mariott

Even if you're the most gluttonous Homer Simpsonesque eater ever, it's still not worth the money. We did it the first two times we went to HI (Maui and Oahu) and I pledged I would never waste my money again.

I think it is worth the price if you've never done a Luau before. It really is a neat show. I think even if you are a light eater the show itself is worth the price. Food at Hawaiian resorts is expensive no matter how you look at it. Your not going to leave any meal at Aulani thinking "wow, what a great deal".

We did the VIP seating and think if you enjoy a few cocktails it's actually the better value....considering what Aulani charges for drinks.

Remember too there are lots of free hula shoes around the islands, so you can still see hula without a luau if you’d like. The free one on the beach in Waikiki was very good.

As one of the PP's has said, the luau is about the show and learning about Hawaiian culture. We found the food good and plentiful but it ws just a sidelight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter