Lyft promo codes applied for Minnie Vans?

I downloaded the app here at home for the first time. Would I possibly get a discount if I opened up the app at MCO so that I could apply that discount using Minnie Van from MCO to the Dolphin Resort?

I downloaded the app here at home for the first time. Would I possibly get a discount if I opened up the app at MCO so that I could apply that discount using Minnie Van from MCO to the Dolphin Resort?
Any discounts appear in the app and I’ve always been emailed or sent a notification from the app.
Best I’ve gotten is 50% off but that has always had a cap on it of like $6 so it won’t ever be 50% off of a Minnie Van.
You should get a new sign up discount of some sort. It’s automatic, if it’s there, it applies, you don’t have do anything to use it.

Okay. Thank you. I will watch for that.

Another question: Can you ever share a Minnie Van at MCO? If so, would you just approach someone getting in one and ask if they would consider sharing if we handed them 1/2 the cash that they paid?

Another question: Can you ever share a Minnie Van at MCO? If so, would you just approach someone getting in one and ask if they would consider sharing if we handed them 1/2 the cash that they paid?
I guess if you have enough guts you can but I know I would never accept sharing a MV with someone I don’t know and I would never, ever ask to do so either.
I’m trusting, more than most, but I’m just not going to share with a stranger in that intimate a setting.
Besides, you ever watch the movie “Taken”, LOL

No, but Minnie Van doesn't work like that (I hope!) or like the OP asks.

OP, please don't put any stranger in that awkward position. Either budget for the Minnie Van, or take a very, very short ride, or use one on a future, slightly less budget-conscious trip.

Oh geez! I guess I had a momentary lapse of judgment. I had my Mickey Blinders on, if you will. :earseek:I guess I was thinking that we would share a Mears Shuttle with at least one other group, so why not a Minnie Van.

You know, something else just dawned on me. I wasn’t reading your post throughly

You are talking about MV from MCO. This is not a normal service with MV and Lyft. You don’t schedule this with the app, to my knowledge. This is a service you must call and set up in advance. It’s $150 flat rate. You’d have no way to share with anyone as you’ll have prepaid for it or set up payment at the least. I’ve never done it, wouldn’t for that rate. It’s ridiculously priced.
MV is best used around Disney property, once you arrive. Best route is to go from your Resort to MK

Last edited:
Oh I forgot about that. You are right about calling in advance. Yes it is so expensive, and that’s why I was considering sharing. We will just order Mears Shuttle. You get a small discount if you do it ahead of time

First of all, like Angi, I can't imagine someone agreeing to that! Sharing an MV would ruin the whole experience for me.

Second, why would you pay $75 to share an MV from MCO when you can have one all to yourself for much less at WDW?

Second, why would you pay $75 to share an MV from MCO when you can have one all to yourself for much less at WDW?
We have to get from MCO somehow. I just thought since we can't take DME (staying at Dolphin), then MV would be the next best thing. I wasn't sure if they ever did a share MV like they do shared Mears shuttle.

I’m trusting, more than most, but I’m just not going to share with a stranger in that intimate a setting.
Given this, do you think it unsafe to take the shared Mears shuttle? Our Mears shuttle last year wasn't very large (maybe about the same size as a minivan), but luckily, we were the only ones on the shuttle.

Given this, do you think it unsafe to take the shared Mears shuttle? Our Mears shuttle last year wasn't very large (maybe about the same size as a minivan), but luckily, we were the only ones on the shuttle.
The Mears shuttle is perfectly fine. You don't set that up by walking up to a stranger and asking them to ride with you
Mears takes all the info and is responsible for organizing the ride.
There's something inherently different about that process. It's all about who takes ownership and responsibility. Mears, in this case, coordinates the ride. They sign up the folks who are in your vehicle. It's not any different than taking a hotel shuttle or even ME. It's not the number of guests on the vehicle at the time, it's who is in charge of it all. Hopefully, that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter