• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

M & M's Dining Review (with PICS) - Round 2 - Boma

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
Ok, so now it is day 2 and my mom and I are so anxious to go to AKL. We were both so excited to go and see the Lodge as well as experience Boma. Here a shot of the lobby of the lodge...

100_1187.jpg

I can easily say that are expectations were more than met on both counts. The lodge is beautiful and has moved further up on my "must stay at" list.

100_1222.jpg

The Boma breakfast was absolutely wonderful!!! There were very few people there as well but the food was so fresh and the staff was wonderful! The easily accomodated us 45 minutes early! We did have a rowdy table of a Venezuelan family near by but thankfully they left not too long after we arrived.

Our seating area (after it calmed down)...

100_1229.jpg

Ok, now on to the food...

This was my first plate. On the left is the the sausage and biscuit skillet (also pictured on the left in pic #2). This was FANTASTIC!!! It had such an interesting and unusual flavor but in a very good way. My mom and I both loved it!!! On the bottom of the plate was the corned beef bobotie (on the right in pic #2) I thought this was pretty good but my mom did not care for it. The texture was somewhat unusual. It had a bit of a spicy taste to it as well. In the bowl is the pap (white corn meal.) It was ok but a little bland. I added a little bit of sugar which helped but I didn't go back for seconds. (My mom had the quinoa porridge - not pictured - and we both did not care for it.) Up in the right hand corner of the pic is the West African Frunch which was absolutely divine!!!! I think we each had about 4 glasses of it. Wish I could buy it in a bottle!!! The bacon and croissant were very good as well.

100_1224.jpg

100_1225.jpg

Ok, so here is my second plate, which was good but not quite as good as the first. The meat is a sugar cured pork loin which came from the carving station. It was very good. The 2 sauces shown are with the pork at the carving station. The brownish/orangish one is Boma mustard which was very good (tangy but not real spicy.) The red one (I can't remember the name) was fairly spicy and I didn't think it complimented the pork very well. The brown muffin was a banana macadamia nut muffin which was fantastic!!! The seasoned potatoes were very good. We found all the fruit we had to be fresh and very good!

100_1226.jpg

Boma is a definite must do on our next trip! We are doing dinner there in December and I hope it is as good as breakfast.

Overall Rating: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo out of a possible ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Next up - Raglan Road - dinner

We love Boma! :cool1: I asked for the recipe for the sausage bake because, it was so good! :woohoo: They sent me the recipe and I make it evey Christmas! Thanks for your great review! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the Boma review! Those potatoes look super yummy :)

Yummmm, I can hardly wait for my Boma Breakfast! I want Frunch and a pressed pot of coffee!
Thanks for the review and the pictures!

We've got ADR for December at Boma. These pic's make the wait even harder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter