Maclaren Major stroller question

Family Loves Disney

DIS Veteran
I have a prescription for the Maclaren special needs stroller. My problem - no medical supply company in my area carries it nor can they order it. Does anyone know of a company that will take my prescription and process my insurance? TIA.

Did you try calling your insurance company. When my doctor gave me the prescription I just called them and they told me who to call to order it. Hope this helps. The company was great I told them we were leaving for vacation in a few weeks and they got it to us very quickly.

The way I did it is I also called the insurance company they have a list of companies they deal with durable medical equipment with. From there they ordered it and we received it within 2 weeks.

I started writing a response this afternoon, but then someone arrived and I didn't get back to it.
One of the pieces of advice I was going to give is the same as the other posters already gave. That is probably what I would do first because sometimes insurance companies have a particular company that is their "preferred provider" and it may cost you more out of pocket if you are not using that provider.

Besides that suggestion, the companies near you not ordering it might be more a situation of they don't have an existing relationship with the company that sells the Maclaren Major and don't want to order it rather than they can't order it.
We recently ordered 3 things from companies that the medical supply company we use had not dealt with before. I asked before ordering if that was a problem and they said it was not; that any Medical company can order from any supplier.
So, I would suggest talking to a manager at one of the companies near you.

Also, there are web-based companies that will take insurance, but you will need to do some of the work of filing the insurance. Look for medical websites, rather than baby ones that also carry the Maclaren Major. The only one I could finf that will also deal with insurance was Adaptivemall. They have information on their insurance page that would help you if you buy from there. I know several people who have gotten their strollers from Adaptivemall and were happy with the service. (I don't know if they used insurance or paid).

Good luck and please let us know how it turned out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter