Mad4WDW does Disney, Day Two!

Mad4WDW

Madforwdw in VMK. A nice guy, unless I just DC in
Cast - myself, my sister Shirley and her husband Mick

Day Two - Animal Kingdom

After a nice light breakfast of croissant and peanut butter sandwich (don't ask!!) we caught the bus in time for the opening of AK. Things got off to a rocky start, when, for the second year in succession, the strap on my sister's handbag snapped, and it fell to the ground with a thump as we exited the bus. Last year, my sis got into a strop about this and was in a bad mood for hours, but this year she had a laugh about it...but you can imagine what we were thinking..."oh no! here we go again...this will be a fun day...not!".
She decided to just carry the bag around in her hands, and we headed off for the entrance and ou first stop, the safari. Like yesterday, it was so quiet that it was almost eerie, and we were able to hop on a safari jeep almost immediately, even with most of the people also heading that way. We saw a few more animals than we had in previous years which was quite a treat. As we passed a few hippos, I almost felt quite mischievous, and was going to say quite loudly, "wow...they really are lifelike for animatronics", but I decided not to lol.

It was already very warm when we got off, so we ventured over to Kali for a nice soaking! Again, there was almost no wait, and as the boat climbed that chugging ramp...it was obvious that we had not gotten "the chair" (the two seats where you get DRENCHED!), but instead two young Japanese women occupied those seats, much to the delight of two young American kids, who not so quietly pointed out to them that water was coming their way...and it sure did...the two poor girls got totally soaked. Ou of the 3 of us, Shirley and Mick got the wettest, but not too bad (almost strop time again...she hates getting her hair wet and was last year surprised just how wet you get on Journey to Atlantis in sea world...she was not a happy bunny!)

After our first go on Primevil Whirl 9just myself and Mick), which we thought was okay but probably wouldnt go out of our way to do again, We deided to check out the Tarzan Rocks show as we had never done this before, so we lined up and got some nice seats for the show...and what a show it is! This is a must for those going to AK and we wished we had done it last year. Some great music sung live, a nice show and the skaters were amazing...we had the row just in front of the aisle where the skaters rush along, which we grabbed by accident...we didnt even know they did that...so it was a nice surprise)

We headed off for the ever entertaining Its Tough to be a Bug show...man it's always fun seeing how first timers react to the interactive seats!! The Lion King show was due to start not long after we left, so we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey. Once again, we got the elephants (are they trying to tell me something about my nose?), and settled down for the wonderful show, another highlight of AK. This is where the second 'handshake incident' happened, as the guy who is with the elephant part of the audience, came round and shook my hand. Weird thing was neither my sister or her hubby had had their hands shook at all...this brought laughs all round, and some jokey questions about whether some of these guys "liked" me lol.

After this, it was time for lunch, and the wonderfully spectacular Rainforest Cafe. I had my usual (usual being the word here...since these became a mainstay of my diet!) veggie burger for around 11 dollars. Sis and hubby both had the pot roast, which they said was totally superb.

After lunch we headed back to Dinoland it went on Dinosaur. This was the longest wait we had had yet, it had an estimated 20 minutes, and we in fact waited about 15. Love the ride thoough.

It was almost 90 again by this time, so we decided again to have an early day and headed back to All stars. It clouded over a bit later, and we had a storm, and some showery rain which lasted all evening on and off. We made use of the evening though, taking a quick trip to Downtown Disney in between showers, and actually encountered an English bus driver on the journey back if you're reading this, cheers mate for a nice journey!)

Paul

Me thinks perhaps your sister needs to find a new style of bag for next time - LOL, what a coincidence;)

Sounds like a fun day at AKL.

We've not tried the Rainforest Cafe yet, but think that may be changed within the next couple of weeks:) :)

Looking forward to the next report:cool:

Good report Paul - thanks very much for writing!

I admire your sister if she walked round all day holding her bag - nothing more irritating to have to keep thinking of your bag! That is where Bumbags and Rucksacks are invaluable :)

I agree with you about Primevil Whirl - glad I done it but certainly wouldnt bother again:)

..............croissant and peanut butter sandwich (don't ask!)???? Okay, perhaps it's best I don't LOL!!

You didn't see Flights Of Wonder? I'm just wondering if the crowds are as light as this whether that show still goes ahead.

Thanks for the read Paul :)

Great report Paul,

We went to see Tarzan for the first time last year and thought it was a fantastic show too.:)

A good read Paul, and it sounds like you had a great day at AK. It's funny isn't it that sometimes you come off the rapids bone dry, and at other times it looks like you just swam around fully clothed without the raft!!!!! That was me last time . LOL:cool: :cool: :cool: Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter