Magic: 8522

Don't have an answer to your question, but just wondering when you are going. We'll be on June 28, Eastern Magic.:Pinkbounc

My mother and DD stayed in 8522 last year. It had a jacuzzi. I think the baths are the same as the larger suites.

While a different arrangement than the 4 large, centrally located suites, it was a nice size and beautiful. We had a family gathering there on Christmas day with 19 people, and we all had a place to sit and room to move around.

We have booked 8522 for October of 2004. I am somewhat sensitive to noise and this looked like one of the quieter category 3 locations. Have a great time!

We were in 8032 last August and there was no noise at all. None. It was wonderful.

GrannyMary was in one of the "smaller" Cat. 3's, and said the size difference and layout was pretty remarkable between her stateroom and ours.

We're booked on the same sailing that you are ucralum, and then we actually stay on the ship and cruise again the following week--same stateroom :)

I took a ton of photo's of 8032, have to get them to Barb and Tony so they can post them, but you'll be able to see the size difference, not to mention the triple wide verandah as opposed to the double wide in the other Cat 3's.

Anne

Hi,,

I've been reading your thread about the cat 3 cabin size...

Which ones are the 'small' ones... I looked at the deck plans and they all look the same except for the ones at the stern - which actually look bigger...

I have booked cat 4... for now... if I can swing it - I will change to 3 later,

Thanx

8032, 8034, 8532, and 8534 are the staterooms with the triple verandahs. The murphy bed is in the living room rather than the bedroom, making the living room mUCH larger. The cabins that have it in the bedroom you have to crawl over the murphy bed, it's very tight.

DCL will not tell you all of this. A lot of people have been very dissappointed with the other cat 3 cabins, as they have booked them to have privacy for mom and dad, only to find out one of the kids is in the bedroom with them :(

The larger Cat 3's are laid out differently than is show in the DCL literature. ALthough if you look at the 360 degree image on the Disney website it shows the larger stateroom. Notice there are three sliders rather than two--that's a hint right there that it's a larger cabin! The murphy bed is next to the sink, the wall has some inlaid design on it. It's a little tight trying to eat at the table in the morning while the bed is still down, we simply just put it back up each morning ourselves.

Yes, the for handicap cabins in the stern are also larger, with HUGE verandahs, but the verandahs are not at all private. Anyone at Topsiders looks right down at you. Also, I am not sure, but I don't think they have the jacuzzi tub in them.

Anne

Thanx for all the information on the Cat 3 - cabins.

The deck plans are misleading - it is good to have 'inside' information!

Cassie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter