Magic band upgrade progress

I have been having the same issue and I contacted Disney about this yesterday. The cast member even check the inventory of the band and there was inventory for it. She had me use chrome and my computer. She had no idea why it should not work. So she moved my case to IT. But I see you are Canadian and I am starting to wonder if it is a Canadian website thing. I can't test my theory out yet I have to run in to work for an issue.
I emailed Disney and the reply i got was "Due to strong popularity, at this time all Premium MagicBands options are still out of stock. Build a band premium MagicBands should no longer be visible on the website. We don't have an estimated date when MagicBand will become available." However as I explained in my email there was over 30 choices but I couldn't get it to complete purchase at the final screen. So not much help. I keep trying every day but I am really thinking solid colors will be what we get. I see many others are having success but they are all in the USA.

At least some of you are getting responses. I emailed Disney a couple days ago and haven't received a response.

*update* I complained too soon. Got a response today! I imagine they have a high volume of responses to give.

Last edited:
I emailed Disney and the reply i got was "Due to strong popularity, at this time all Premium MagicBands options are still out of stock. Build a band premium MagicBands should no longer be visible on the website. We don't have an estimated date when MagicBand will become available." However as I explained in my email there was over 30 choices but I couldn't get it to complete purchase at the final screen. So not much help. I keep trying every day but I am really thinking solid colors will be what we get. I see many others are having success but they are all in the USA.
I find that response to be absolute pixie poop!

If there are no premium MBs in stock, then why do the choices keep changing on the website? Why not remove all options except the complimentary MBs from that page?

Once again, this is just a case of bad Disney IT. Who is not surprised by this?

I find that response to be absolute pixie poop!

If there are no premium MBs in stock, then why do the choices keep changing on the website? Why not remove all options except the complimentary MBs from that page?

Once again, this is just a case of bad Disney IT. Who is not surprised by this?

Argh! I know this is total FWP and won't impact my vacation at all. It does impact my opinion of Disney as a company and their IT and ability to do a proper roll out (and yet, not surprised because this is such a weak spot for the company). Pixie poop is about how I feel about this launch.

Argh! I know this is total FWP and won't impact my vacation at all. It does impact my opinion of Disney as a company and their IT and ability to do a proper roll out (and yet, not surprised because this is such a weak spot for the company). Pixie poop is about how I feel about this launch.
i second the pixie poop :) I also complete agree they are not sold out as the selections change by the hour. Still no luck with securing any. But i also will not let this define my trip. After all it's a band.

Its been really frustrating. Called twice and CM say we have plenty of time (we are 40 days away from check in). Sometimes it gives an error when we add it, some times it gives us an error at the end when we are ready to finalize the order. CMs say they are busy all day answering questions from people who are travelling in 2020. Why did they not limit this to families travelling within 60 days?

I have been having the same problem. It's been super frustrating.

We are now under 30 days. Have already called a few times but sadly get the same message - they are aware of the issues and feedback but can't do anything. They have no idea when they are restocked (if it's a specific time of the day or better to check on a specific day of the week), nor do they know why you can click on and try to add Magicbands that are not in stock. We have a list of 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice for each. Most days only one of the top 3 choices for one person in the family is available. But if we customize one or 2 and pay it will lock out the remaining bands from being customized. I honestly don't mind if I don't get my first 3 choices. At this point we are now hoping we can get the top 3 choices for the kids available at the same time so that we can at least order theirs ... so far no luck.

Has the Minnie icon band been available as an upgrade option? It’s red with Minnie heads all over.

Checked 20 mins ago and was bare bones, just checked and they added a bunch and none of them would process. What is the point?

Exactly. I was refreshing yesterday afternoon and then again last night a few times and suddenly 4 more bands appeared. When I try to add them they don’t. I have called their website help in the past when this happened and they say it’s because they sold out really fast.

I was able to order my magic bands last week or so I thought. Bait and switch is what happened. I ordered a goofy, a mickey and a figment. Paid and then in our confirmation Grey bands appeared and names wrong. We called and was told nothing we can do yet wait until they arrive. It arrived wrong and called again. This time we were told they have no idea why we were charged for grey bands and that they refunded the money and we could try again to order. I asked how would I know that I would get what i ordered and another bait and switch isn;t happening. Again I got "I don't know. Sorry you are disappointed" REALLY?! I DON'T KNOW! Isn't is illegal to sell one thing and send something else? not to mention getting charged for a so called complimentary band?! Your D**** right I'm disapointed!

I just fully don't understand why they would have rolled out a process that was so poorly planned and executed? I'm new to the world of Disney (as an adult, anyway), and I've been shocked that a company with so much money can have such terrible websites/apps/glitches etc. I'm the one responsible for planning our trip, and the magic band thing is becoming a nightmare. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go with plain bands and customize them myself at this point.

Yesterday they have 5 to 7 to choose from. Today only 3 choices for upgraded Magicbands. 421502

For awhile this afternoon there were several available. It let me put the castle one in my cart but wouldn’t let me check out. I tried repeatedly on 2 different browsers. Tonight most of the options are gone again. As so many have already said, this is so crazy and frustrating!

For awhile this afternoon there were several available. It let me put the castle one in my cart but wouldn’t let me check out. I tried repeatedly on 2 different browsers. Tonight most of the options are gone again. As so many have already said, this is so crazy and frustrating!
I did the same with MK Castle yesterday. This morning, they have a new message: 421637
We pretty much assumed that the item was not available, but it's nice to have verification.
FWIW, it seems the biggest refresh of supply comes around 10AM EDT (this from tracking hourly from about 5AM - 4PM the past two weeks so nothing scientific). Before two weeks ago, it seemed much more random. "Seemed" is the operative word, here.

The lack of options available for upgraded bands is ridiculous! People who have trips months away should not be able to purchase bands. There should be a 60 day window on them. I gave up trying to give Disney more money and am sticking with a plain color I'll jazz up myself.

I gave up with 4 days left. It was stressing me out so bad! My daughter was able to get the one she wanted (americana) but I could never get the epcot or haunted mansion wallpaper for my son. I went ahead and ordered hers and he found a skin he liked just as much. So we ordered that for him. Disney lost out on 10 bucks from me! Not that it matters much to them lol!

They should have fixed the supply issue by now. It has been months of frustration! Order MORE! Demand is there! Yeesh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter