Magic band upgrade progress

I've been trying to get Sorcerer Mickey and the Minnie Polka Dots for the last 3 weeks. I have gotten to the point where they are selected and listed as my bands but then when I hit complete it says they're sold out. Their site is awful. If it's not available, don't show it. We are 17 days from the order cutoff for them to ship to you, so I'm getting nervous. I guess if I don't get them in 14 days I'll just order plain ones. :(

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen the iron man band available? If so, were you actually able to purchase it?

I used to never have problems opening the page and looking at what was available. Now I get the unavailable Donald page 2/3 times. And when I can get it, there's barely any selection. I have plenty of time, which is why I didn't get ours months ago when they had the options we wanted. (Because, you know, what if?) It's just annoying to never be able to see what's even an option. I wish we could get them in chunks instead of all at once. Because it sounds like often times that's what is messing people up, waiting until all their bands are available at the same time. Maybe after a year it'll be smooth.

I've been trying to get Sorcerer Mickey and the Minnie Polka Dots for the last 3 weeks. I have gotten to the point where they are selected and listed as my bands but then when I hit complete it says they're sold out. Their site is awful. If it's not available, don't show it. We are 17 days from the order cutoff for them to ship to you, so I'm getting nervous. I guess if I don't get them in 14 days I'll just order plain ones. :(

The minnie polka dots have been available tonight for me! i dont know if youll see this, but if you do, go check it out!! :)

Hey all! I've been online doing some refresh hunting for bands, and if you're looking for Flynn Rider, Minnie Polka Dots, for Figment, they have been consistently there for me for the last 30 minutes! :)

I'm disappointed that this is still an issue....it's been about 1/2 year now & I'm up against another trip with time running out and can't seem to get an order placed for all 4 of us at one time. There seems to be even less choice right now than when the upgrade option came out originally. It seems like there is never a time when there is enough availability on the upgraded bands to get the order placed where everyone in the party has some printed band that they like. (I'm pretty sure that my husband does not want me to order him a Vamparina band, which seems to be one of the few upgraded bands that is always available!) We wanted to start building a collection, but alas, there are 17 days left before I order solid color ones :worried:

We decided to get some nice wraps from Etsy, and got grey MagicBands. I wanted a Capt America and my wife wanted Capt Marvel. Both of the upgraded MagicBands didn't really look good to us. Very happy with the wraps.

Hey all! I've been online doing some refresh hunting for bands, and if you're looking for Flynn Rider, Minnie Polka Dots, for Figment, they have been consistently there for me for the last 30 minutes! :)

I was trying to get Figment all day, but every time I added it to my cart, it said it was unavailable. :(

When I just checked a moment ago, there were 31 bands available - that's more than I have ever seen at one time.

I was trying to get Figment all day, but every time I added it to my cart, it said it was unavailable. :(
It's been like that for 3 days. I have been trying since Wednesday. Sometimes it lets me add it and one time yesterday, I got to the next check out page and then it popped up sold out. OMG!

It really is ridiculous how this is all working. I've tried for weeks now, and get the band but it is sold out by the time I check out.

It would be so interesting to go behind the scenes on this whole ordering process. What do they do, receive 2 bands and put availability up. Then it seems they show available for a few hours before the item doesn't show up. They get my hopes up every time. :(

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen the iron man band available? If so, were you actually able to purchase it?

I may be wrong, but I don't think the Iron Man in magic band 2 version has ever been available for advance order to resort guests. At least not in the last ~5 months since I've been checking.

When I just checked a moment ago, there were 31 bands available - that's more than I have ever seen at one time.

36 differed bands available this morning. 10 of the premium ones that we were even remotely interested (for a party of 4) were all not available. I don't even know why they bother updating the page and changing them out frequently.

So mad. The band I wanted finally appeared and it let me get all the way to ordering before it was out of stock again. I slammed the desk and went to try again and when I refreshed, the band DH wanted magically appeared. Less than 20 seconds after not being there. So I clicked it...out of stock.

Hog freaking wash.

awwww the Minnie Rocks one just popped up and I was going to order it for my wife and suck it up and just get a plain one but clicked it and it said out of stock. LOL Guess I'll have to try again later.

This band ordering is the worst. I've seen different amounts/styles of bands all day. Every time I try to order one, 'not available'. Got as far as the payment page a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!