Magic Band, will it know I am DVC?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Does my Magic Band hold any info on me being a DVC member? Just curious if it knows. Will it know that I am the enemy? (resale):teeth:

Does my Magic Band hold any info on me being a DVC member? Just curious if it knows. Will it know that I am the enemy? (resale):teeth:
If you connect your DVC account to your My Disney experience account it does know. When you enter a park the light goes a purple rather than green. It initially confused me at first but that’s what the CM at the turnstile said it was.

If you connect your DVC account to your My Disney experience account it does know. When you enter a park the light goes a purple rather than green. It initially confused me at first but that’s what the CM at the turnstile said it was.
Ok, I will look for a purple light then.

Yes and no. If you are staying on points and you checked the "DVC member" box next to your name when you booked, the CMs can see that. Some CMs accept that as absolute truth of being a member. I also saw it happen going up to totwl.

However, if you encounter a CM who is a stickler for discounts, they will ask for additional documentation. I saw this at one store with one CM, but later at the same store with a different CM, there was no demand for additional documentation.

The only place I got a purple light last trip was at MK and that wasn't consistent.

We are not DVC members, but usually stay with rented points and have received automatic discounts at a couple of restaurants (without asking), because the CM sees "DVC" somewhere when scanning our magic bands.

We are not DVC members, but usually stay with rented points and have received automatic discounts at a couple of restaurants (without asking), because the CM sees "DVC" somewhere when scanning our magic bands.
I think that the servers at resort restaurants can see affiliation but not the ones in park restaurants. At least this is what a server at California Grill told me when I forgot to ask for my discount but he went ahead and applied it to my check on his own.

I think that the servers at resort restaurants can see affiliation but not the ones in park restaurants. At least this is what a server at California Grill told me when I forgot to ask for my discount but he went ahead and applied it to my check on his own.

Makes sense. The 2 restaurants where we got a discount were Cali grill and Ohana.

My DH and I are both on the deed for our DVC. However, I have setup the MDE account and the online DVC account. So, the light turns purple for me, but not him. I like to rub that in while there.

Before owning we rented points....we received a discount, without asking, in Epcot (Nine Dragons). They can see AP & DVC but don't usually automatically give discounts.

This got my curious to see if my MDE account is linked to my DVC, and it is! Don't know how, but when I logged on I saw that my DVC member ID was under my name.

Now I feel left out. I also forgot to ask for my discount at California Grill and true to form, no discount was given. I remembered later on the way back to BW. Drat my bad memory.

Before owning we rented points....we received a discount, without asking, in Epcot (Nine Dragons). They can see AP & DVC but don't usually automatically give discounts.
Now I feel left out. I also forgot to ask for my discount at California Grill and true to form, no discount was given. I remembered later on the way back to BW. Drat my bad memory.
In any case, I really think the discounts should just be automatic. It's almost like Disney is hoping we'll forget to ask, and we definitely do forget, probably 1/4 of the time. Not just in restaurants but for merchandise too.

Now I need to look for the purple light. never really noticed.

Technically, they are supposed to ask for the membership card. But if they don't, consider yourself lucky...

My understanding is that each member needs to have their on DVC account access set up for each to get the DVC flag and purple light.

Also non-qualified resale owners MB will add 30 minutes to their ride wait time at all of the parks. :dancer::jumping1::dancer:

:earsboy: Bill

Yes and no. If you are staying on points and you checked the "DVC member" box next to your name when you booked, the CMs can see that. Some CMs accept that as absolute truth of being a member. I also saw it happen going up to totwl.

However, if you encounter a CM who is a stickler for discounts, they will ask for additional documentation. I saw this at one store with one CM, but later at the same store with a different CM, there was no demand for additional documentation.

The only place I got a purple light last trip was at MK and that wasn't consistent.
Exactly our experiences three weeks ago. Sometimes, we were purple, some times not. Always, however, the CM asked for ID verification when making a purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!