Magic Bands Upgrade

I could be wrong, but I really feel like if you successfully checked out after choosing and customizing bands, then you will get what you chose and not what the website is picturing. For us 2 of our MBs show the correct upgraded bands we chose, 2 show the correct free bands we chose, 1 shows a free band when we did choose and pay for an upgraded one, and one is blank where we chose and paid for an upgraded one. I'm assuming (and hoping) we'll get the ones we chose and paid for. Not like I could do much other than a refund if we don't, but it seems as if we should since it went through and I have an email confirming which bands we paid for and what they were personalized with.

I ordered mine yesterday (figuring that ones would sell out) .. but I never received confirmation of my order and I can't go in to check on it -- I get an error. The only band it shows on our screen is my wife's (who wanted plain yellow).

Another Disney IT SNAFU, I guess.

or while you are at it - splurge a bit more for a limited edition one that does cool/different things when you scan it at a tapstyle!!
What kind of cool different things can LE ones do? I have LE Madame Leota from last year and didn't notice anything special.

I had a Darth Vader one selected yesterday. We never got charged and it's back to a solid color today. No more Star Wars bands available. SNAFU is mild compared to what I am thinking. Went from excitement/confusion/satisfaction/confusion again/anger. What a disaster!

I got a confirmation email about an hour after ordering mine yesterday and MDE shows the ones we picked. I did spend 45 minutes on a call with IT because my husband decided to switch from Donald to Flynn Rider before I hit submit and it wouldn't show me any options to change to. My CC was successfully charged.

I ordered on Monday and got a shipping confirmation yesterday and tracked for eta on Friday.

Our trip isn’t until July so this is some quick turnaround and faster band delivery.

But as noted earlier, if we were to cancel our trip we would need to pay the $15 discount per premium magic band back to Disney. Just food for thought.

I had a Darth Vader one selected yesterday. We never got charged and it's back to a solid color today. No more Star Wars bands available. SNAFU is mild compared to what I am thinking. Went from excitement/confusion/satisfaction/confusion again/anger. What a disaster!
Ya. I supposedly ordered mine yesterday but all the ones we wanted: Mermaid, BB-8, Vader. No longer available. I have no idea if my order went through or canceled.

I guess wait and see.

May jus be better off waiting until nearer our trips. Inventory could be refreshed or updated in the late summer or early fall.

What kind of cool different things can LE ones do? I have LE Madame Leota from last year and didn't notice anything special.

It depends which one and what park you are at - I have some of the limited edition EPCOT ones and they make a different color light swirl and have some sound effects when a the tapstyle to enter the park. Ride specific ones will do similar at the tapstyle for that ride

From looking up the Madam Leota one is a "Limited Release" not "Limited Edition" - only the LE ones do special things

Ya. I supposedly ordered mine yesterday but all the ones we wanted: Mermaid, BB-8, Vader. No longer available. I have no idea if my order went through or canceled.

I guess wait and see.

May jus be better off waiting until nearer our trips. Inventory could be refreshed or updated in the late summer or early fall.
Can you check your cc through online banking? Mine was showing a charge immediately after I ordered our bands.

It depends which one and what park you are at - I have some of the limited edition EPCOT ones and they make a different color light swirl and have some sound effects when a the tapstyle to enter the park. Ride specific ones will do similar at the tapstyle for that ride

From looking up the Madam Leota one is a "Limited Release" not "Limited Edition" - only the LE ones do special things
Ah well that explains everything, but a really cool pro-tip thanks!

They actually charge you right away, not when they ship. Because everything has been so glitchy, i checked my online banking to see if my order went through and my cc had been charged immediately after I ordered.
Are you sure it's not a pending charge or a temporary charge? My credit card company does pending or temp charges before they actually post for thinks like this

My charge is still pending, but I got a confirmation email with an order number pretty much right away.

Can you check your cc through online banking? Mine was showing a charge immediately after I ordered our bands.
Thanks. I did. I have been charged $32.10 for 3 of the bands.

So .. hopefully the system is just glitching and if they accepted the order, they'll honor that order.

It feels like Disney IT should know by now of the fervor and intensity the fans have. They should have know that people would be lining up for this, be worried some special bands would "sell out" and then order them right away .. (in some cases like many of us) 4-5 months in advance!

Are you sure it's not a pending charge or a temporary charge? My credit card company does pending or temp charges before they actually post for thinks like this
Good point! I hadn’t checked again since that day and now the charge has disappeared. Sometimes it does disappear between being authorized and being posted so I’ll double check again in a day or 2 to make sure.

hrm. You are right. My charge is only pending.

I never did get a confirmation e-mail though :(. Not a good sign.

hrm. You are right. My charge is only pending.

I never did get a confirmation e-mail though :(. Not a good sign.

I didn't get a confirmation email but I did have 12 pending charges on my credit card after I attempted twice to get the upgrade. I called Disney to see if the order went thru and the girl I spoke to said yes that she saw that I had order the castle band and the villian band. Yeah! Then today I was checking and noticed that my bands were back to solid colors and I could no longer edit them because we leave on Monday. So I called back and the girl I spoke with earlier today told me that due to high demand they were selling out of them and unfortunately because of that the had reverted back to the solid color bands we had originally asked for. She said that any pending charges would drop cause Disney won't charge for anyone who doesn't receive the upgrade. I have spoken to my credit card company and the pending charges will fall off in a couple of days and I won't actually be charged. If I do Disney said they will gladly refund. If you're unsure. I would call Disney and they will be able to let you know what they have on your reservation.

I didn't get a confirmation email but I did have 12 pending charges on my credit card after I attempted twice to get the upgrade. I called Disney to see if the order went thru and the girl I spoke to said yes that she saw that I had order the castle band and the villian band. Yeah! Then today I was checking and noticed that my bands were back to solid colors and I could no longer edit them because we leave on Monday. So I called back and the girl I spoke with earlier today told me that due to high demand they were selling out of them and unfortunately because of that the had reverted back to the solid color bands we had originally asked for. She said that any pending charges would drop cause Disney won't charge for anyone who doesn't receive the upgrade. I have spoken to my credit card company and the pending charges will fall off in a couple of days and I won't actually be charged. If I do Disney said they will gladly refund. If you're unsure. I would call Disney and they will be able to let you know what they have on your reservation.
I will be kind of upset if this is the case. I have conformations for 4 upgraded bands, but the charge is still pending on my cc and on MDE it shows 2 of the upgraded bands and 2 plain colored bands. Unfortunately the bands that are showing as plain are my boys' bands, who were all excited about picking out their bands and their choices. I mean, I would be disappointed to not get mine, but it's way worse for me to see then disappointed! I would much prefer they get theirs and my DH and I get the pain ones! I know it's just magic bands, and only a minor blip on the road, but still.... Come on Disney!

Well .. my guess is my "order" will probably be cancelled and I'll have to repick.

I can't even go in and find out because I get an error when trying to edit my Magic Bands.
We're Working on It

This page is temporarily unavailable.
Rest assured, we'll fix the issue soon, so please try again later.

All i see on the main Magic Band page is my wife's plain yellow band (on her icon) my icon (and kids) is blank .. as we had picked the special bands (that are seemingly now sold out).

Well .. my guess is my "order" will probably be cancelled and I'll have to repick.

I can't even go in and find out because I get an error when trying to edit my Magic Bands.
We're Working on It

This page is temporarily unavailable.
Rest assured, we'll fix the issue soon, so please try again later.

All i see on the main Magic Band page is my wife's plain yellow band (on her icon) my icon (and kids) is blank .. as we had picked the special bands (that are seemingly now sold out).
yeah, for the past hour or so I haven't been able to get onto the MB section of MDE, I only get Your magic Band Order in the very top left corner of the page and that's it. Maybe when it's back up something will have changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter