Magic Bands Upgrade

yeah, for the past hour or so I haven't been able to get onto the MB section of MDE, I only get Your magic Band Order in the very top left corner of the page and that's it. Maybe when it's back up something will have changed?
Nevermind. i was just able to log back in and it did change. Now there are only 16 to choose from, including the free ones. SO only 8 to upgrade to. I have a bad feeling I'm not getting the ones my kids picked, since they haven't shipped yet.

Nevermind. i was just able to log back in and it did change. Now there are only 16 to choose from, including the free ones. SO only 8 to upgrade to. I have a bad feeling I'm not getting the ones my kids picked, since they haven't shipped yet.
Wow only 8 upgrades left to choose from? They sold out quickly!

No luck here . . . each time I pick and customize something, it bombs out and says to either Dismiss or Retry. Probably inventory related - but once I got all 4 of us to bands that looked in stock, I got the error message when trying to check out. So, I guess I'll give it a week or two to see if it gets refreshed or restocked!

Wow only 8 upgrades left to choose from? They sold out quickly!
Not really much of an upgrade if they run out of inventory in two days. Wow.

The problem is they allowed (and shipped) bands the minute you ordered them instead of just taking orders and shipping them out a month in advance like they do their plain ones.

I just looked (for another reservation I had) and ya .. all that is left is:
Belle (surprised that this one is still left, considering the other princesses are sold out)
Captain Marvel
Flynn
I Am Goofy Shirt
I am Mickey
Rainbow Mickey
Olaf
Stitch

There is now this alert when I go to magic bands. Looks like I am out of luck even though I ordered, have a pending charge and a confirmation email. When I look now, my sons is grey :(

MagicBand UpgradesMagicBand Upgrades
Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.

There is now this alert when I go to magic bands. Looks like I am out of luck even though I ordered, have a pending charge and a confirmation email. When I look now, my sons is grey :(

MagicBand UpgradesMagicBand Upgrades
Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.
I have a confirmation email as well. It says in the email I have that "Initially, you may see a link asking you to place your magicband order, but this will disappear as the order is processed". I currently can't see anything so I'm hoping this is the case. I was (hopefully) lucky enough to get Ariel & Sorcerer Mickey for the kids and Minnie & Haunted Mansion ones for DH and I. I am cautiously optimistic :)

I have a confirmation email as well. It says in the email I have that "Initially, you may see a link asking you to place your magicband order, but this will disappear as the order is processed". I currently can't see anything so I'm hoping this is the case. I was (hopefully) lucky enough to get Ariel & Sorcerer Mickey for the kids and Minnie & Haunted Mansion ones for DH and I. I am cautiously optimistic :)
I have a confirmation email of 4 upgraded MBs and the option to change disappeared, but now on MDE 2 of the bands show the upgrades and 2 show plain free colors. I was initially optimistic, but after reading about this all day yesterday and today I’m thinking it’s more likely that we got 2 upgraded and 2 plain ones. Unfortunately my DHs and mine show upgraded and our 2 DSs are the ones showing plain.

So sad that something everyone was so excited about is now the same source of disappointment and stress, mostly because of our children. They are the main reason for my love of Disney. The look on their faces at the pure magic of Disney is the driving factor behind me working my butt off to afford these special trips. They were so excited about the upgraded bands and now I am prepping them for the regular colors (hopefully). We have 9 days left to customize. Hoping for some Disney magic to make everyone with upcoming trips happy and even more excited for their trips that they put so much effort into making perfect!!

My wife and I both upgraded, so our card was hit for $20+. Everything looks fine for me (I picked the Spaceship Earth band) but my wife's is still showing a pink band. She ordered the white "Most Magical Place on Earth" band.

upload_2019-5-23_7-37-38.png

My charge is still pending, but when I go to My Plans it says they've shipped and there's a USPS tracking number. When I look at My Magic Bands and Cards mine shows up fine in the little circle, but my sister's circle is just white. No band shown. Our trip isn't until September.

Are they just randomly giving a solid color if the upgraded band is out? I'd be really annoyed by that. I would still want to pick what color I get.

My charges dropped off of my Disney Visa card for my two orders, but one of the orders is already en route with a USPS delivery date expected for Friday and shows all of the upgraded magic bands as activated on each of our magic band profiles.

Not sure what is going on with Disney. What a mess. I wonder if they'll go back & charge me for them after they figure this whole thing out. I legitimately feel bad for all of the poor souls sitting in cubicles trying to answer people's questions and figure out the correct credit card charges.

I think it's ridiculous that they are shipping bands for people with vacations way off into the future but not supplying a selection of bands for people with vacations soon. The people with vacations off into the future may even cancel them and then they have a discounted band. I don't even want to order any for my more recent trips but I still think it's pretty bad.

First come, first served. I don't go till September but I was checking the site constantly and bought mine at 5:30am Monday, before most people even knew they were available (I was the person who posted my screenshots saying they are available to buy). I don't think I should have to wait months because people going before me neglected to check.

Also, if people cancel they will be charged the $15 difference.

I think it's ridiculous that they are shipping bands for people with vacations way off into the future but not supplying a selection of bands for people with vacations soon. The people with vacations off into the future may even cancel them and then they have a discounted band. I don't even want to order any for my more recent trips but I still think it's pretty bad.
I agree, I think it was @rteetz who said people within 60 days and I think that makes sense. Or even 30 days like it’s always been. Why ship months and months out? Then people are going to lose them, change plans, or simply change thier minds and try to convince them to let them change or buy a second one at the discounted price. This would have had the added bonus of not completely screwing with inventory as soon as the released it.

If they're planning to restock I would be totally fine with them not shipping my bands right away, as I don't have any need for them four months out. If they aren't planning to restock then I'm very glad I was able to get the bands I wanted.

I was able to upgrade our AP bands and it actually stuck, surprisingly enough. They shipped out yesterday and USPS says they should arrive Saturday. We leave for our next trip on Sunday. Couldn't ask for better timing! I do think they should probably restrict upgrades within the 60 day window. But for now if they leave it as is they probably need to fulfill those orders as people are spending money. This demand probably caught them off guard but in the future I would expect it to be more constant and more like a store: You can see all the options but the unavailable ones should say "Sold Out" versus just disappearing.

First come, first served. I don't go till September but I was checking the site constantly and bought mine at 5:30am Monday, before most people even knew they were available (I was the person who posted my screenshots saying they are available to buy). I don't think I should have to wait months because people going before me neglected to check.

Also, if people cancel they will be charged the $15 difference.

The way to make each person in both of your camps happy would be to have an actual magic band upgrade program and not call this anything other than what it is...a firesale on old inventory.

I originally thought that when you upgrade your magic band it would be sent at the normal time before your stay (couple of weeks or whatever it is). T

Doing it that way allows them to get rid of old inventory (with the people who's trips are coming up 'first') while also having time to print 'to order' on the people who have a trip coming up way down the line.

Did anyone notice that a few of the ones that had disappeared actually came back. The one stitch, the Minnie bow, and slink dog. They weren't there last night when I looked but are back today.. I'm hopeful this means others will return as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!