Magic Bands Upgrade

Did anyone notice that a few of the ones that had disappeared actually came back. The one stitch, the Minnie bow, and slink dog. They weren't there last night when I looked but are back today.. I'm hopeful this means others will return as well.
I read somewhere that somebody had been advised by a CM that they would be restocked in about 7 days.

Take that with a grain of salt, as what people hear from CM's and what actually happens can be far from the same, but based on some of the magicbands showing availability on ShopDisney, I think they just might be correct.

I read somewhere that somebody had been advised by a CM that they would be restocked in about 7 days.

Take that with a grain of salt, as what people hear from CM's and what actually happens can be far from the same, but based on some of the magicbands showing availability on ShopDisney, I think they just might be correct.
I guess the best bet is maybe just treat it like normal Magic Bands .. just let this pass, come back later and re-order them when your vacation is closer (and bands are re-stocked). The problem lies in if you want to have a SPECIFIC band that just may sell out again. How do you know when to check back and attempt a re-order.

At this point, I'd just like to know what the status of my order is .. it appears to be in limbo.
I can't go back and edit my magic bands (I still get an error) and the only magic band that shows is a plain one that we chose. The others are blank. My CC still has a pending charge from 2 days ago.

Will they automatically fulfill my order when they have things in stock? Will I need to re-make my order? Just wondering where the communication is on this officially.

The way to make each person in both of your camps happy would be to have an actual magic band upgrade program and not call this anything other than what it is...a firesale on old inventory.

I originally thought that when you upgrade your magic band it would be sent at the normal time before your stay (couple of weeks or whatever it is). T

Doing it that way allows them to get rid of old inventory (with the people who's trips are coming up 'first') while also having time to print 'to order' on the people who have a trip coming up way down the line.

Oh me too, I thought it was an error when they sent me the tracking info.

"MagicBand UpgradesMagicBand Upgrades
Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible."

This is what is showing up when you go to change your magicband as of 3:11pm EST

My wife and I both upgraded, so our card was hit for $20+. Everything looks fine for me (I picked the Spaceship Earth band) but my wife's is still showing a pink band. She ordered the white "Most Magical Place on Earth" band.

View attachment 402423
May I ask where you are seeing that screenshot (app/website and which menu option)? Whether I look on the app or website, I'm not seeing the magicbands (regular or the ones I ordered) on the icons the way yours are showing.

First come, first served. I don't go till September but I was checking the site constantly and bought mine at 5:30am Monday, before most people even knew they were available (I was the person who posted my screenshots saying they are available to buy). I don't think I should have to wait months because people going before me neglected to check.

Also, if people cancel they will be charged the $15 difference.
That's not how it went though. I was there when all the bands were still available but couldn't complete my purchase because the site wasn't working. Others completed a purchase and should be getting the bands but now aren't because availability wasn't updated on the site and it seems to be random.

Did anyone notice that a few of the ones that had disappeared actually came back. The one stitch, the Minnie bow, and slink dog. They weren't there last night when I looked but are back today.. I'm hopeful this means others will return as well.
They're down to 4 up-gradable choices as of this minute. Thankfully I have plenty of time until my September trip to keep checking.

We placed our order on Monday and our upgraded bands are still pictured. They haven't actually shipped but the order status says it is being fulfilled. Hoping our order will actually go through with no hiccups.

20190523_210142.jpg

May I ask where you are seeing that screenshot (app/website and which menu option)? Whether I look on the app or website, I'm not seeing the magicbands (regular or the ones I ordered) on the icons the way yours are showing.

Mine shows up under the "My Plans" section of the website after I log in. I clicked to review my magic band order and the above screen in my previous post appeared. I did have to turn my tablet sideways though for them to show up.

This is how mine looks. I ordered 4, got an email confirmation, have a pending charge and now my son's is grey instead of donald. After chatting with a cast member they claim its a visual error, but I am concerned they oversold and he won't really get a customized band and there is now no way to adjust or change it. Pretty bummed, but we also have plenty of time before our trip so hoping they work something out.

Attachments

• mgb.png
    mgb.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 20
This is how mine looks. I ordered 4, got an email confirmation, have a pending charge and now my son's is grey instead of donald. After chatting with a cast member they claim its a visual error, but I am concerned they oversold and he won't really get a customized band and there is now no way to adjust or change it. Pretty bummed, but we also have plenty of time before our trip so hoping they work something out.
I ordered 3 on Monday. 2 look fine, but my son's is just a blank circle. I got a shipment notification today, so we'll see how it turns out.

i had the bands in my basket the first day, but did not order(my wife couldn't decide!) now the site says they unfortunately due to high demand there selection is limited. for Disney resort guest and New and renewing AP holders they can select from the solid bands. They are working to replenish the inventory asap.

Hopefully this happens soon!

That's not how it went though. I was there when all the bands were still available but couldn't complete my purchase because the site wasn't working. Others completed a purchase and should be getting the bands but now aren't because availability wasn't updated on the site and it seems to be random.
i just got a text update that mine will arrive today by 8pm. I've seen on Facebook some people already got theirs. So that is how it went for some of us.

I don’t have any experience with buying bands from Shop Disney. What would happen if we just ordered the plain bands and then I bought the ones my kids had been super excited about? I know they wouldn’t be personalized with their names but how difficult would it be to hook them up to our account and be ready to use when we get to WDW on 7/3?

I don’t have any experience with buying bands from Shop Disney. What would happen if we just ordered the plain bands and then I bought the ones my kids had been super excited about? I know they wouldn’t be personalized with their names but how difficult would it be to hook them up to our account and be ready to use when we get to WDW on 7/3?

As long as you phycially get them it is super easy to attach a new MB to your account . You do have to assign them to a specific person and you cannot reassign in the future

Only thing is you will have to pay full price vs this upgrade program

Thank you! Yes, totally understand that I would pay full price. Disney wins this battle. I have just spent too much time and energy on stressing out about this upgrade program since Monday and not even being sure that the colors we want will be available when I went to finalize!

I have a tracking number showing delivery on Tuesday, but oddly the pending charge disappeared and there is no charge for MB on my card at all anymore. And now I'm worried about what's in the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter