Magic Bands Upgrade

We are 30 days from our vacation. I am not able to look at the upgraded magic band options anymore. Is that normal or a glitch? I thought it said I had until October 6 to pick it up at the resort.

We are 30 days from our vacation. I am not able to look at the upgraded magic band options anymore. Is that normal or a glitch? I thought it said I had until October 6 to pick it up at the resort.

It has happened from time to time... each time we hoped it was a sign they were fixing something. But a day or two later it would come back working the same. Showing bands they don't really have and stock rotating on a minute by minute basis so no hope if you have a large group.

Should pull that option for now... until they get it working it's only creating frustration and disappointment.

Bottom Line... order the color you like, then go to ETSY for customization. More options and less frustration... and less money.

Apparently there is supposed to be a Food and Wine Band as "Upgrade only" I don't even see it. There are 17 available bands and they are all awful. I guess I'll just be getting free plain colors...

Apparently there is supposed to be a Food and Wine Band as "Upgrade only" I don't even see it. There are 17 available bands and they are all awful. I guess I'll just be getting free plain colors...
I’ve only seen 3-5 today, depending on the time I refresh. I saw a food and wine one a couple of days ago. It was $25 or $29 through the premium upgrade. I looked into the band because that seemed like a lot. I was waiting to see it it was a glitch, however it’s usually a lot more because it’s the dooney magic band for food and wine.

Last edited:

I keep getting to checkout, and it says cannot complete the order they encountered an error. I refresh the page. Still have the selected bands,and still get the error message.

I finally got 2 bands for one of our rooms. My grandkids each picked a first and second choice. My husband didn't want to pay even $10 for one and just wanted blue. I was so excited to click on them and they didn't say out of stock. I still need to get 3 more for the second room. But if I can get 2, then I will just order and buy one online. Luckily I'm retired so it's not that much trouble for me to keep checking. I can't understand how Disney didn't plan better for this.

It is unbelievable that this is such a disaster. You really would think a company of Disney's size could fix this. I've tried multiple times to complete an order when the band I want was showing available, but it was never in stock when it finally got to complete.

I think I'll order a red and put white dots on it to look like Minnie. Disney is losing my money.

I can’t believe they still haven’t fixed this issue. I finally got bands that we all liked after months of trying and just a day before my window to choose them was to close. A month later, I’m still seeing people jumping through hoops to get these bands. Good luck to everyone! Keep at it, as frustrating as it is. I finally did manage to get them.

Last edited:
Question: What if you have multiple people on your reservation and there is a band out there that 1 person likes but their are none for the others? It doesn't look like you can purchase it unless you complete the order? If you pick a generic one for the others, can it be changed before the deadline or once you order, that is it?

Question: What if you have multiple people on your reservation and there is a band out there that 1 person likes but their are none for the others? It doesn't look like you can purchase it unless you complete the order? If you pick a generic one for the others, can it be changed before the deadline or once you order, that is it?
You have to order all bands at once. Once you complete the order they process and ship them. If you pick a generic band for the other person that is what they will get.

We upgraded our magic bands a few months back and received our order in the mail. We arrive on Sunday, September 29 (three days from now) and I received an email stating that our magic bands would be waiting for us at the hotel upon our arrival. Hmmmmmm.......

It took me awhile to get two that we wanted but it finally worked one Sat morning about 6 weeks ago. They should have this worked out by now!

The whole system is pretty bogus. Only a handful of "premium" choices at any given time. AND it seems whenever I find one I like, choose it, click update... it tells me "sorry sold out"...

Disney says they are working on better managing inventory with their partner... but for now... it's kinda garbage. The worst is that it obviously doesn't work with like stock in the parks or anything. For example, I saw sat the Haunted Mansion wallpaper. Jumped on it. "sold out". but the shop disney app will show all the great places you can pay 25$ for it in park... :) ... I'll keep trying...

This worked for us for all four people on our reservation, on the first try. I’m a little surprised that others are experiencing issues as it worked so well for us.

This worked for us for all four people on our reservation, on the first try. I’m a little surprised that others are experiencing issues as it worked so well for us.

It all depends on what you want. There are a lot on there, but when the one I wanted popped up, it ended up being out of stock by the time I got to check out....every time. Now it is no longer even showing up. I've been looking for weeks now.

we went in August and I had ~45 to pick from. We have a trip in July - so no hurry for us and there are only 4 in addition to the regular colors. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

we went in August and I had ~45 to pick from. We have a trip in July - so no hurry for us and there are only 4 in addition to the regular colors. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

you'll find it literally changes hour by hour. There seems to be more in the morning, so maybe there's some sort of automatic restock in the morning. but never a whole lot. If I login at 8am, I'll see like 8-10 ... by the time 4pm rolls around, there's 3-4

you'll find it literally changes hour by hour. There seems to be more in the morning, so maybe there's some sort of automatic restock in the morning. but never a whole lot. If I login at 8am, I'll see like 8-10 ... by the time 4pm rolls around, there's 3-4

wow - certainly has changed in a few months. I've checked day and night randomly. Nothing like the choices in June.

Yeah, I can't even find any good ones on there anymore. I don't know if the ordering process has improved as there aren't any I actually want at the moment. The whole thing is just an exercise in frustration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter