Magic Bands

I ordered MB's in February 2020 for our April 2020 trip, now scheduled for this April but will be cancelling and rebooking for April 2022. Will these bands work 2 years after I ordered them? The 3 adults got the plain (free at the time) ones but my 2 DGDs ordered custom ones that they really love and hope to use.

It’s giving me a discounted rate for February. The discounted early order rate is free. We chose and ordered ours today for that reason. Lol.

I checked my bands yesterday and they all were locked and listed as gray. So after an hour and a half phone call to Disney I found out that the free early order rate was a computer glitch. I should have had to pay $5 per band. We were able to reset it all and get our bands ordered and paid for. Had I not checked and called the lady said we just wouldn’t have gotten them. Looked like we never ordered. So if it said early pre order rate and they were free you are going to want to call Disney and get them to reset your bands so you get bands. 4 bands with tax wasn’t even $21.

We didn't order MB for our last-minute trip January 26-31. Can we buy them at the hotel (we are staying at the Yacht Club) or should I try to get them from ShopDisney with expedited shipping? We are Disneyland regulars so thought we'd just use the app but I think MB would make a quick trip more special.

We didn't order MB for our last-minute trip January 26-31. Can we buy them at the hotel (we are staying at the Yacht Club) or should I try to get them from ShopDisney with expedited shipping? We are Disneyland regulars so thought we'd just use the app but I think MB would make a quick trip more special.
Answered my own questions and ordered them online to be picked up at the front desk. :)

I
I checked my bands yesterday and they all were locked and listed as gray. So after an hour and a half phone call to Disney I found out that the free early order rate was a computer glitch. I should have had to pay $5 per band. We were able to reset it all and get our bands ordered and paid for. Had I not checked and called the lady said we just wouldn’t have gotten them. Looked like we never ordered. So if it said early pre order rate and they were free you are going to want to call Disney and get them to reset your bands so you get bands. 4 bands with tax wasn’t even $21.

I put in my MB order in October and it looked like it as all OK, but your post made me dig a little deeper!

When I look on the MDE 'my plans' page it shows 'your order has been placed'.

When I click on 'review your order' it goes to 'choose your bands' and has the right colors.

When I click 'complete your order' it goes to the 'review and purchase' with the right colors and 'free'.

When I click 'complete your order' it just ends up with 'Unable to complete/error encountered'.

So it looks like I'm going to have to call. I was hoping I'd slink in under the radar but I'd rather pay the reduced fee for 2 'plain' bands than end up with grey.

I

I put in my MB order in October and it looked like it as all OK, but your post made me dig a little deeper!

When I look on the MDE 'my plans' page it shows 'your order has been placed'.

When I click on 'review your order' it goes to 'choose your bands' and has the right colors.

When I click 'complete your order' it goes to the 'review and purchase' with the right colors and 'free'.

When I click 'complete your order' it just ends up with 'Unable to complete/error encountered'.

So it looks like I'm going to have to call. I was hoping I'd slink in under the radar but I'd rather pay the reduced fee for 2 'plain' bands than end up with grey.
That’s exactly what mine did when I checked Thursday and then Friday I was locked at gray. They are going to have a lot of angry people who thought they were getting them at a special pre order rate and don’t get them at all. Told my husband we would pay the $21 just because they make life so much easier.

That’s exactly what mine did when I checked Thursday and then Friday I was locked at gray. They are going to have a lot of angry people who thought they were getting them at a special pre order rate and don’t get them at all. Told my husband we would pay the $21 just because they make life so much easier.

I agree 100%. $5 for the 'plain' bands is still cheap and sooo worth the money.

I hadn't heard anything about a special 'pre-order rate'. I just thought I'd slipped in under the radar. But yes, WDW is going to have lot of UNhappy campers, and I'm not talking about just those of us at Ft Wilderness!! They really should do some kind of mass email letting people know about the mixup/glitch.

I agree 100%. $5 for the 'plain' bands is still cheap and sooo worth the money.

I hadn't heard anything about a special 'pre-order rate'. I just thought I'd slipped in under the radar. But yes, WDW is going to have lot of UNhappy campers, and I'm not talking about just those of us at Ft Wilderness!! They really should do some kind of mass email letting people know about the mixup/glitch.
Agree. They definitely need to send out a notice.

While I think it is short-sighted by Disney to stop offering free Magic Bands to resort guests, you will still be able to buy discounted ones beforehand like you can now. Why they can't keep including them is a mystery to me, how much does it cost Disney to manufacture the basic bands and then give them out for people spending HUNDREDS of dollars for resort room stays?

It exhausting trying to figure out why Disney makes half of their decisions, all we can do is keep adjusting to them it seems. We only go every few years so we always need fresh bands each trip, this year we are going to get some discounted "custom" ones rather than the plain colors we've done in the past.
I think they should still offer them to resort guests, but they could save money if they didn’t have to ship them out. They should just have them available when you check in.

Just to update on my MB order.

I called to see if the order had been finalized (as my email said) and it seems that the changeover to 'paid' MBs put my previously 'completed' order into some sort of MDE 'Twilight Zone'. The CM ended up speaking to her 'internet escalation team' who 'pushed through' my order. I was assured the order was complete 'as is' and the MBs were complimentary. I'm going to give it a few days for the dust to settle then I'll see what MDE shows.

We also bumped our arrival date up by one day to fall under Disney's 'no fee for cancellation up to 24 hrs before arrival' policy that covers reservations with a check-in date of 4/30/2021 or earlier. What with Covid and all, it's good to know if we have to cancel late in the game we won't have to forfeit $200.00.

It was treated as a 'modification', not a 'cancel and rebook' and we received the same rates.

Do you have to have Memory Maker to have your ride photos sent to MB or MDE? Or can you make individual purchases as you go?

Your wait time was less than mine - I waited two hours, then I called another day and waited an hour and a half and was then disconnected by Disney. Third time I called I waited an hour, finally got a person and after five minutes they disconnected. Glad you got help, I'm still trying. On the phone now, waiting again.

Do you have to have Memory Maker to have your ride photos sent to MB or MDE? Or can you make individual purchases as you go?
You don’t have to buy MM. Your photos will show up in your MDE account and then you can buy individual ones or buy the one-day MM (they may have other options too).

Your wait time was less than mine - I waited two hours, then I called another day and waited an hour and a half and was then disconnected by Disney. Third time I called I waited an hour, finally got a person and after five minutes they disconnected. Glad you got help, I'm still trying. On the phone now, waiting again.

oh wow. That’s horrible. So the free magic band order that the lady couldn’t see or verify showed up at my house last week. All gray. The ones I paid for are currently in transit to the house. The paid ones had already shipped by the time the free ones showed up so no cancelling that order.

I only waited on hold about 10 minutes. I called the WDTC reservations phone number but my issue was resolved via their internet help desk. I think I was on hold waiting for them for about 10 minutes after the main number transferred me. Maybe try selecting the internet help option?

oh wow. That’s horrible. So the free magic band order that the lady couldn’t see or verify showed up at my house last week. All gray. The ones I paid for are currently in transit to the house. The paid ones had already shipped by the time the free ones showed up so no cancelling that order.

That's a bummer! Ours are being sent direct to FtW as we drive cross country and didn't want to worry about them showing up at the house after we left. The CM I spoke to verified our order and 'colors' so hopefully there won't be grey ones waiting for us!

Be a good excuse to 'upgrade' if there are, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter