MAGIC CANDLE COMPANY SCENTS

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
If you are like me all the smells at Disney are a big part of my memories. I love the scents that MCC produces. Currently my favorites are Floridian and Haunted.

What scents do you recommend?

What scents do you think smells like that special place at the World?

So far I only have the Pineapple whip candle from this company and I love the smell! For Mother's Day I received an oil diffuser and a whole bunch of Disney scented oils from them. My favorite so far is Contemporary. If the candle smells anything like the oil I definitely recommend this scent!! It smells just like the lobby when you walk into the Contemporary Resort :lovestruc

Hi!

So far I have tried the following Magic Candle Company scents:

1. Banshee Flight: MCC got this one just right! It takes me back righ back to Flight of Passage. This candle has a good throw, and it fills my living room and bedroom no problem.

2. Pirate Life: I did not like this one at all. I am not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. It is too musty for me -- and I like the smell of Pirates. Oh well, I haven't burned this one, and I won't be ordering it again.

3. Popcorn Stand: I love the buttery popcorn smell of this candle, but I can barely smell it when it is burning. The throw just isn't good, and it is much-better suited for very small spaces. It's great when you can actually smell it.

4. Confectionary: This is my FAVORITE one of the bunch so far. It smells just like I have stepped off of Main Street USA and into The Confectionary. I got my first one about three weeks ago, and when I was in Magic Kingdom last week, I made a point to step in The Confectionary and take in the smell. Amazing!

5. Ice Cream Parlor: I was most excited about this one, and it was the biggest disappointment. The smell pumped out of the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA is my favorite Disney scent, and in my opinion, one of the strongest. It is unmistakeable. This candle smells lovely, but it just doesn't smell like its namesake. It has a fairly good throw on it, but again, it just doesn't match the smell I get as I exit Main Street and head for Cinderella Castle.

I just got another order in yesterday with two more Confectionary candles. I LOVE this scent. I am waiting on my next order. I ordered another Banshee Flight, as well as Mouse Waffles and Philharmonic Pie. I love the pie and champagne smell from Philhar-Magic, so I am hopeful that this candle is able to replicate that delicious Be Our Guest sequence from the attraction.

I am here with a brief update on my Magic Candle Company Candles!

Mouse Waffles is fantastic! I have smelled candles in the past that are supposed to be a pancake or waffle smell, and most of the time they just end up smelling like a sweet generic bakery scent. Mouse Waffles really does remind me of waffles. Does it remind me of Walt Disney World? No, but it doesn't have to when it smell this good.

Philharmonic Pie smells just like the warm berry-apple pie smell from Mickey's Philhar-Magic. I highly recommend this one!

I have a very large room I want to put one of the waxes. What scent do you think is the strongest?

The pineapple whip is my favorite! Smells just like Dole Whip, brings me right back to Adventureland!
Haunted is pretty good too, but doesn't personally remind of WDW as strongly.

I really want to buy a candle, but I can't make up my mind.

Neither can I!! I've been looking at these candles for the past... Idk 6-8 months or so and I still have yet to purchase one because I can't decide. How pathetic is that. lmao.

I tried several of the wax melts and car scent circles. Mixed feelings.

Wax Melts:

Flying over Africa - my favorite, smells like fresh cut grass, just like Soarin' when you get to the Africa part. Would 100% order this again.
Banshee Flight - it's fine. Same as the Flying over Fiji scent.
African Lodge - smells nothing like Animal Kingdom Lodge to me. I've never had scent give me a headache before, but this one did. Sweet and grandma's perfume-ish
Yacht Resort - my second favorite, the green aloe and clover lobby scent from so many of the resorts

Scent Circles:

Haunted - smelled nothing like what it was described as. I call it "musty butterscotch", kind of like a Werther's Original at the bottom of grandma's purse. This actually grew on me the longer I had it in my car and I kind of liked it. I think I'd order this again. Maybe.

Norway - biggest disappointment ever!! Smelled NOTHING like Laila (I used to wear that perfume every day, I know!) despite what the reviews said. My oldest son actually nailed what it smelled like: "Fresh air" scented trash bags. Ew. I threw it away in less than a week, I couldn't get over the trash bag scent after my kid mentioned it!

Tiki Terrace - DH put this one in his truck and it's probably my favorite. Lightly tropical.

Polynesian - currently in my jeep after throwing out the awful Norway one. Not bad, but not my favorite.

Does the beach resort one smell like the Boardwalk lobby? I see in the reviews people say it smells like Beach Club, I wasn't sure if BW and BC smell the same?

Hi!

So far I have tried the following Magic Candle Company scents:

1. Banshee Flight: MCC got this one just right! It takes me back righ back to Flight of Passage. This candle has a good throw, and it fills my living room and bedroom no problem.

2. Pirate Life: I did not like this one at all. I am not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. It is too musty for me -- and I like the smell of Pirates. Oh well, I haven't burned this one, and I won't be ordering it again.

3. Popcorn Stand: I love the buttery popcorn smell of this candle, but I can barely smell it when it is burning. The throw just isn't good, and it is much-better suited for very small spaces. It's great when you can actually smell it.

4. Confectionary: This is my FAVORITE one of the bunch so far. It smells just like I have stepped off of Main Street USA and into The Confectionary. I got my first one about three weeks ago, and when I was in Magic Kingdom last week, I made a point to step in The Confectionary and take in the smell. Amazing!

5. Ice Cream Parlor: I was most excited about this one, and it was the biggest disappointment. The smell pumped out of the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA is my favorite Disney scent, and in my opinion, one of the strongest. It is unmistakeable. This candle smells lovely, but it just doesn't smell like its namesake. It has a fairly good throw on it, but again, it just doesn't match the smell I get as I exit Main Street and head for Cinderella Castle.

I just got another order in yesterday with two more Confectionary candles. I LOVE this scent. I am waiting on my next order. I ordered another Banshee Flight, as well as Mouse Waffles and Philharmonic Pie. I love the pie and champagne smell from Philhar-Magic, so I am hopeful that this candle is able to replicate that delicious Be Our Guest sequence from the attraction.
Would you suggest the Confectionary over the Ice Cream Parlor? We want the smell of Main Street as well. My daughter also asked us to order her the Pirates one. She loves the smell of that ride. Does it not smell like that ride? Thanks a ton!

Last edited:
The Pirates one is definitely interesting. The one thing we found with it is that you definitely have to burn it for a while first (we used the wax melt in a tart warmer). It ends up smelling a bit different than it smells just smelling the wax. After it was going for a little while, we both were kind of surprised and started to feel like we could "see" how it was like Pirates.

I'm a fan of the Wilderness Lodge one. I didn't really remember a scent from Wilderness when we stayed there last year, but after we used that one, we felt like it came back to us. I like the scent too - a little cologne-y though.

Polynesian, from our memory, seems spot on. Poly has such a distinct smell in the lobby though that really hits you when you walk in, and we like that one. I mainly like it for the reminder, probably wouldn't go for the scent on its own otherwise, but it's the one I even brought in to my office at work.

Animation is SPOT ON and amazing! Pirate's? Didn't really smell like Pirate's to me. (But I guess they've recently changed it, so maybe it's closer now.) Also didn't think Haunted was 100% but it's not bad. Have yet to try others; excited to, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter