Magic Kingdom closing early Monday December 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle23

DIS Veteran
I was looking at a crowd calendar that shows Magic Kingdom closing at 4:30 on Monday December 2. Does anyone know anything about this?

If it’s true, that means there are only 2 regular evenings open for viewing the fireworks! I’ve seen Magic Kingdom close early for events in the past, but I thought it was on a Christmas party night.

The 4:30pm close is consistent with the CM anniversary party. In prior years, it has been:

Monday, November 5, 2018
Thursday, November 30, 2017
Thursday, November 17, 2016

So I agree with @sbbobe that it's probably the CM party.

And since we are there a that time, that's awful. Party days they close at 6 and now this. Aside from the fireworks, hardly time to really see the castle lit up at night. I love to just sit and watch the castle go thru the different colors.

And since we are there a that time, that's awful. Party days they close at 6 and now this. Aside from the fireworks, hardly time to really see the castle lit up at night. I love to just sit and watch the castle go thru the different colors.

We are honestly thinking of switching our dates. For Magic Kingdom to close early 5 of the 7 days just wouldn’t work for us. And we are really hoping for a DAH when we go, which couldn’t happen that week.

That's not possible for us. We have three families, kids school schedules, etc. Curious what the ticket cost of those days for MK? One would think (of course it won't be) those one day tickets should be reduced since you are losing so many hours.

That's not possible for us. We have three families, kids school schedules, etc. Curious what the ticket cost of those days for MK? One would think (of course it won't be) those one day tickets should be reduced since you are losing so many hours.
Ticket prices remain the same; there isn’t a price adjustment for shorter hours - that’s why MK’s crowd level will be light that day. Those with park hoppers begin their day at MK then hop to another park.

FWIW, every year the reports from DISers who opt to go that day tend to be universally positive in terms of crowd levels. Sometimes they make it an 8am opening on that day too, which can add even more quality AM time.

Yes you miss out on nighttime touring and fireworks, but it does have some benefits.

It was the hardest part of planning our trip during that time, I hadn't had to plan around Christmas parties before on our trips and we also only had 2 nights our entire stay that it was open regular hours with no party. So, on one of those days I booked the fireworks dessert party with garden viewing. 1000% worth the money to us on one of those really busy nights, knowing you have a spot for the fireworks without standing on the curb for over an hour. Yummy desserts too. lol

This changes everything. :( I have no idea when we’re going to do HEA now since MK closes early December 1, 2, and 3. Grrr

Dec hours r not posted on the Disney web site. Where r they getting there info:santa:

I hear that you really want to see the castle at night, and so this may be of little consolation. But the year we were there and they had a CM party (2016), the park was virtually empty! It was BETTER than DAH (except no free snacks 😉 ) I could have cartwheeled through the streets of Fantasyland! Now, the secret may be out, and I can’t promise you the same experience, but it was truly the best. Disney day. ever!

I had sent an email saying I was disappointed with all those nights plus the the CM party. I just got a phone call from disney. CM was very nice , but after expressing my disappointment. Gosh darn, so many people want to go to the parties, disney HAD to add more nights for them.

MommaBerd, I hope you're right. I know the parties aren't new, but that CM party is like adding salt to the wound.

Complaining to a CM about their party seems a bit much, but what do I know?

They work hard. They deserve this party. It’s a lot of advance notice, imo.

MIght not be his party....he said it's for cast member with 10 years or more service. Sorry, couldn't disney have a party for CMs during a time when 4 nights out a 7 aren't already booked with parties.

Complaining to a CM about their party seems a bit much, but what do I know?

They work hard. They deserve this party. It’s a lot of advance notice, imo.

My issue is sandwiching it between two party days. They should have had at least one normal day in between imho. We’re not late night people, so I was really looking forward to the 9 pm HEA. Now I have to stay until 10 pm or miss it. First world problems, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter