Magic Kingdom Day: Birthday Dinner Suggestions

JenniJ

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!
I am spending my birthday at the MK on our next trip!! I was at first excited to eat at BOG (the castle, the beast :love:), but all the reviews on here and other sites about how bad the food is and it is a waste of money, have made me rethink going there for dinner. Plus, my son is 12, and if we get the DDP, he will not want anything on the adult menu. And I am not sure if they will let us pay OOP for a child's dinner since it is pre-fix menu.
All that being said, can you give me some ideas of where to eat dinner in or around MK? Please not CRT, I am not interested. I did it once on a previous trip and I do not need to again. :)

There are so many restaurants to choose from outside of MK. It sounds as though your son's appetite will play heavily into your choice (hence why we almost always have done CS) I dont even know what to suggest. You should have something good for your bday...otherwise maybe think about doing a dessert party?? We did this once, was awesome and you get to sit for fireworks with lots of yummy desserts!!

I would consider leaving MK if you are looking for something special. Cali Grill is lovely - the food is good and the view is spectacular. If you are looking for something more "fun", consider Whispering Canyon or even Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

I would consider leaving MK if you are looking for something special. Cali Grill is lovely - the food is good and the view is spectacular. If you are looking for something more "fun", consider Whispering Canyon or even Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

I was going to say Cali Grill but Im not sure her son would like it. If he wont eat at BOG dinner, Im not sure he would like anything at Cali but she should really just start checking menus.

Whispering Canyon Cafe is a blast- if you enjoy antics. Hoop de Doo is a great show. Food at both is very good. Have you considered breakfast or lunch at BOG? It’s much less expensive but you still see the castle. Since its qs, you aren’t told where to sit and wandering around (carefully) to see the other rooms is fine.

Crystal Palace is also good, and beautiful inside. But son would be a disney adult. I ate there for my bday once and there was a signed card and confetti waiting for me on the table. That’s not a guaranteed thing of course.

Whispering Canyon Cafe is a blast- if you enjoy antics. Hoop de Doo is a great show. Food at both is very good. Have you considered breakfast or lunch at BOG? It’s much less expensive but you still see the castle. Since its qs, you aren’t told where to sit and wandering around (carefully) to see the other rooms is fine.

Crystal Palace is also good, and beautiful inside. But son would be a disney adult. I ate there for my bday once and there was a signed card and confetti waiting for me on the table. That’s not a guaranteed thing of course.
Planning Crystal Palace for breakfast. This is a tradition (my son is a HUGE Pooh fan!) That would be too cute getting a signed card!
Was thinking of BOG for lunch since ppl have said it is better for lunch.
Forgot that we can take a boat to the WL. Thanks for the reminder! :D

There are so many restaurants to choose from outside of MK. It sounds as though your son's appetite will play heavily into your choice (hence why we almost always have done CS) I dont even know what to suggest. You should have something good for your bday...otherwise maybe think about doing a dessert party?? We did this once, was awesome and you get to sit for fireworks with lots of yummy desserts!!

I was thinking of doing one but, we are planning on doing the Star Wars dessert party at HS since my finances and son are big Star Wars fans. This will be an early birthday treat for them since their birthdays are a few weeks after our trip on the the same day.

The Plaza on Main Street has delicious bottomless milkshakes that are fun especially for special occasions like birthdays! Best to set a reservation time earlier since it's relatively small and busy before the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts