Magic Kingdom Early Fireworks December 30 & 31 Question

got4boys

Mouseketeer
On December 30 and December 31 in the Magic Kingdom, is the early fireworks at 6:30 the same as the ones at 11:48 - Fantasy in the Sky? Are they both about 12 minutes long?

No one is really sure. We've had a few other threads asking the same thing.
The Disney calendar has both listed as the same thing.
They have not been the same in the past.
That doesn't mean they won't be the same now.
This is the first year for HEA so it's not possible to go based on what they've done on past years.
But best guess is, no, the first show will be HEA with a special tag.
But that's just a guess

No one is really sure. We've had a few other threads asking the same thing.
The Disney calendar has both listed as the same thing.
They have not been the same in the past.
That doesn't mean they won't be the same now.
This is the first year for HEA so it's not possible to go based on what they've done on past years.
But best guess is, no, the first show will be HEA with a special tag.
But that's just a guess

Everything she said.

Although I’m guessing the opposite and think both shows will be the full Fantasy in the Sky with NYE countdown. :goodvibes:goodvibes

The last few (at least two) years it was Holiday Wishes with the NYE countdown tag - I really hope it’s not that again as by that point I’m over the holidays!

But as someone going those two days and who has spent more than I should really have to investigating this, I wish they’d just go ahead and announce info already!!!

Everything she said.

Although I’m guessing the opposite and think both shows will be the full Fantasy in the Sky with NYE countdown. :goodvibes:goodvibes

The last few (at least two) years it was Holiday Wishes with the NYE countdown tag - I really hope it’s not that again as by that point I’m over the holidays!

But as someone going those two days and who has spent more than I should really have to investigating this, I wish they’d just go ahead and announce info already!!!
I hope for your guess to be right! I want to be able to see Fantasy in the Sky from 2 different POV, close in the park and far from the resort, since we plan to catch the 6:30 show at the resort, whichever one it is.

I am with AngiTN I will be there new years eve dessert party for the first fireworks and hoping both are the same, I could not get any for the latter one so hoping to see them for behind the castle.

I hope for your guess to be right! I want to be able to see Fantasy in the Sky from 2 different POV, close in the park and far from the resort, since we plan to catch the 6:30 show at the resort, whichever one it is.

Funny as I’m doing the exact opposite... I want to be in the park for the 6:30 show and at the resort for the late one! :goodvibes

I am with AngiTN I will be there new years eve dessert party for the first fireworks and hoping both are the same, I could not get any for the latter one so hoping to see them for behind the castle.

They do not do the countdown fireworks at the early/first fireworks show of the day AFAIK.

They do not do the countdown fireworks at the early/first fireworks show of the day AFAIK.
This true for the past. However, Disney does have them listed on their calendar as Fantasy in the Sky at 6:30, same as at 11:50.
This is the first year for the Holiday season with HEA so no one can say with complete confidence what they are doing this year.
If I'm guessing, I'm guessing you are right but I don't feel comfortable saying they will not do them unless Disney comes out and says they are not doing them. Or changes their calendar.
Right now, no one who knows what they are doing is talking

I did a bunch of YouTube and other video searching a few weeks ago to verify (which of course makes me a certified expert!) but I’m nearly certain for at least the last two years the early show has been Holiday Wishes followed immediately by the “countdown” portion of the New Years show (it’s a roughly 2 minute segment with a countdown and lots of perimeter fireworks).

In full disclosure, the only reason I really know this is DS watches a lot of Disney YouTube fireworks videos and for awhile last year he was into one of the Holiday Wishes + Countdown ones (you can search YouTube and find it). :goodvibes

Two years ago we went to the 12/30 late show. They had a DJ in front of the castle and it was the dress rehearsal for 12/31. They definitely do the countdown for that one and do it like it's actually NYE. I don't remember seeing any of that at the early show but TBH we were busy running around. They turn off the regular park music and play top 40 and it's a HUGE party. So fun.

Two years ago we went to the 12/30 late show. They had a DJ in front of the castle and it was the dress rehearsal for 12/31. They definitely do the countdown for that one and do it like it's actually NYE. I don't remember seeing any of that at the early show but TBH we were busy running around. They turn off the regular park music and play top 40 and it's a HUGE party. So fun.
No question about what the late show on 12/30 is. That is the same show as the late show on 12/31

The question is about the early show on both days. Disney has on their calendar that the early show is the same show as the late show this year. I am pretty sure they have not put it on the calendar like that in the past but maybe they have. With this being the first year for HEA what they've done in past years for the early show is going to change somehow. We know it won't be the same as past years because past years were Wishes with a special tag at the end so that's about the one thing we do know

It has caused lots of confusion that's for sure. I doubt they are going to clarify which show they are doing at 6:30 so most likely we'll know when it happens.

FWIW-just looked at Touring plans and last year they had 2 separate fireworks listed-Holiday wishes early one and Fantasy in sky late one.

FWIW-just looked at Touring plans and last year they had 2 separate fireworks listed-Holiday wishes early one and Fantasy in sky late one.
Yes, this is well established for what happened last year. Disney even listed it as separate too.
This is not how Disney has it listed this year. This year is says Fantasy in the Sky at 6:30
This is why it's causing questions and confusions this year.
And there is no Holiday Wishes this year. It's now Happily Ever After. So another "new" event that means you have a harder time knowing what they'll do this year based on what they did in past years.

To confirm - they have done the countdowns at the 6:30 fireworks for the last two years. What they do NOT do is set off the fireworks in the lagoon - that's only done at the midnight fireworks (in the past - who knows whats up this year! :) )

Good question, as others have said, we don't really know. I'll be there on the 30th and hope it's Wishes (as it was in the past) or Fantasy in the Sky and not HEA. As AngiTN and others have said, the Disney calendar hasn't been much help. I'm doing the dessert party for the 11:50PM fireworks, but I'd love for them to do Fantasy twice as Skywise said above!

Good question, as others have said, we don't really know. I'll be there on the 30th and hope it's Wishes (as it was in the past) or Fantasy in the Sky and not HEA. As AngiTN and others have said, the Disney calendar hasn't been much help. I'm doing the dessert party for the 11:50PM fireworks, but I'd love for them to do Fantasy twice as Skywise said above!

Actually they did Holiday Wishes for 6:30 for the last two years then added the countdown on after the end.

And to add to the differences / complexity, last year the early show was at 7:30 vs the 6:30 that is on the calendar this year. :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

C’mon Disney, just announce something already. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter