Magic Kingdom / fireworks view from VWL??

MickeyOne

Earning My Ears
Can you see the Magic Kingdom and/or view the fireworks from the Villas at Wilderness Lodge???? What's the view like from the various sides of the building??? thanks..........18 days to go!!!!!!!!

As much as I enjoyed the 'forest views' the Villas don't have any view of the Magic Kingdom. In fact the lodge itself doesn't have Magic Kingdom views. I believe the idea is to maintain the feeling of isolation (otherwise I'd think they would put in a footpath & a bridge to the Contemporary).

I believe you can see the fireworks from the ferry boat dock and you can see the electric water pageant from anywhere where there is a bayview.

I'm not sure about fireworks in September. The Magic Kingdom started closing at 7pm beginning Labor Day. Maybe they would do it anyway but...I suggest you plan for Epcot, MGM or Pleasure Island.

On our last visit to WDW last Thanksgiving, on our last night there we went to WL to eat at Artist's Point. BTW, if you haven't dined there, be sure you do. Anyway, as we were leaving, talking with our friends in the parking lot, we noticed the fireworks for MK! What a wonderful memory! So you may try the front of the lodge or in the parking lot if you can't see them from the beach area. We'll be at VWL in 28 days, which can't pass fast enough!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

My last post, see above, was my 75th!! I'm now a veteran. I've been working hard to achieve that!!

Stayed at the villas last weekend. We were going to catch the ferry to the Contemporary to see the fireworks, but we spent too much time at dinner at Artist Point, and the fireworks started while we were on the dock waiting for the ferry. We could see the really high ones over the trees between WL and Contemp. None of the villas have MK view, I think. We were on the 5th floor, with the woods view (could see the lake through the trees), but even being on the top floor did not afford us an MK fireworks view. However, it was soooooo wonderful at WLV!

Can't see the castle, and can't see the lake/fireworks unless you pack a chainsaw...;)

Trudy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter