Magic Kingdom for Couples?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
It know it's a big park and usually takes 2 days to cover, but what about for adult couples without kids? Do you usually get on every ride, see each show, parade, etc and take up more than a day or do you get through it in half a day? Right now we are trying to squeeze in two water parks in our vacation which would leave most likely MK as half day. We would also have another day we would be able to revisit the park I guess if we missed something or fit in MK after AK. Would you recommend sticking with one water park and just doing MK for a full day? Would I be missing something if I did'nt do Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? We were going to do a shark swim at TL, but we love thrilling water slides which looks like BB has more of. But I guess a lot of water parks in general are the same, right?

I just don't know if my schedule is too jam packed... we are energetic but never had a vacation where we would visit a theme park for 6 days straight so who knows! :jumping1:

the problem is that both the water parks and MK work best for an early morning plan.

the water parks (especially in the summer) can get so packed that WDW closes the park. If you are using WDW transportation that should not be a problem for you - if you aren't - then it will be.

Mk has some nice coaster - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain.

It has some nice rides - Bluzz Lightsaber, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh.

I would get the Unofficial Guide. they are a sponsor and I think we get a discount.

here is a link with the discount price
http://www.disshop.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=209&1=218&2=-1

the book will help you to decide which rides you can miss and which ones are a must for you.

no one but you can decide this - Sorry!!!

Thanks.. I guess it depends if we must do both water parks or stick with just one. That is certainly the problem since water parks and Animal Kingdom have to be done during the day. MK can be done at night but I guess depending on what we want to do we might feel rushed. I will get my guide book and hopefully that will help :)

My DH and I (Early 40's)LOVE MK and we have no kids.
We go on many of the rides. We spend a couple mornings there when we go. We love the day time parade and the fireworks are very romanic. We also love Spectro.

For us we would much rather do MK than the water parks but that is just us.
I would plan on more than just a half day. The morning is the best for rides but the evening is great with Wishes and Spectro!!!!!

My BF and I always spend a whole day at MK and there is always stuff that we miss. We watch the parade and Wishes at night.

This trip we are even going for one whole day and then a half day later on in the week.

DH and I went (we don't have kids) and we saw just about everything except... we didn't do MTF at all and we missed the "shows" that went on during the day (by the castle). But at night we caught the Spectromagic and the lights and music just make you want to cry, it's absolutely magical! We were unaware of the magic so we didn't make sure we had a good spot (we were about 10 people back) and wont make that mistake again. Anyway I believe you will need at least a day and a half, but you could hit the major attractions and feel somewhat fulfilled. We shopped and dined and still were able to see and do most everything. :wave:

I've always needed at least a full day at MK (with no kids) and still feel like I miss things, even during the slow season.

I'd take at least a full day there. But it's really a matter of personal choice. I'm not into the water parks so I usually skip them and just stay by the hotel pool.

We usually do each park atleast once in the am and another day in the pm to get the best of both times of day. Our midday break is usually by the pool or taking a nap. MK for us is usually a half day twice during our trip. As adults with no children (yet) and we have been to WDW 4 times together, we can do the parks relatively quickly.
The water parks are so much better in the early morning-I would suggest just doing one water park. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter