Magic Kingdom Moonlight Magic 2018

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
I wanted to start a thread for the Magic Kingdom Moonlight Magic announced for 2018. The dates are January 11 and 28, February 6. Registration opens on December 7. Based on past Moonlight Magic registrations, the registration will probably start at 9am EST.

Who else is planning to register on Dec 7th? This will be out first Moonlight Magic so I am really hoping we can register. Unfortunately 9am EST is 6am for me since we are on the west coast :surfweb:

Anyone else hoping for a special fireworks show, or to see "rare" Disney characters? I heard they had Darkwing Duck last year. My husband and I would love to see him, though our daughter would have no idea who he was :rotfl2:

We are planning on the 11th! We did it last year and the fireworks they did for it were amazing, best firework show I have ever seen.

I am hoping to be able to register for February 6th, also on the West Coast, so I am just glad that the registration likely won't be any earlier in the morning. Not sure what the MK event has included in the past, but we had a great time at the DL event a few weeks ago so I am hopeful that the MK one will be just as good!

I am hoping to be able to register for February 6th, also on the West Coast, so I am just glad that the registration likely won't be any earlier in the morning. Not sure what the MK event has included in the past, but we had a great time at the DL event a few weeks ago so I am hopeful that the MK one will be just as good!

The MK event earlier this year had a special fireworks show. Not sure about next year, but I hope they do something like that again.

We are hoping to go on Jan 11th as well. So excited that the event coincided with our traditional January trip!

boy going for the Feb 6 too - staying at BLT - so even if I don't get it will be okay. really getting inpatient with DVC for not having the website up - there is always something that goes down - so hoping it works great this time.

Tomorrow is the day. I guess I'll set my alarm early and hope for the best. It's not the end of the world if we don't get to go, but it would be nice since we will already be there staying at Poly, and won't be back to WDW again until 2019.

Tomorrow is the day. I guess I'll set my alarm early and hope for the best. It's not the end of the world if we don't get to go, but it would be nice since we will already be there staying at Poly, and won't be back to WDW again until 2019.
I don't believe you will have any issues booking the MK event. Neither this year or last (2017 & 2016) booked up prior to the off-site booking window opening.

I don't believe you will have any issues booking the MK event. Neither this year or last (2017 & 2016) booked up prior to the off-site booking window opening.

I agree especially with how early they are. Many can't book and plan around them at this point.

Hoping to book for Jan 11, and that they have Gideon out again this year. My son is named after him, and even though he won't be with us I would love to get a picture with Gideon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter