Magic mountain time needed?

cptmemo

Mouseketeer
were going to Disneyland in 2 weeks and our 15 yr old really wants to go to magic mountain. Will it be a whole day event? He and my husband just want to ride roller coasters. Park will be open 1030a-9p.

Last time I went to six flags was 6 years ago, and it was the one in St. Louis. We only stayed 4-5 hours? And rode everything we wanted. But it was also some random midweek day in June, not a Saturday during a season the park is only open Saturday/Sunday.

Basically trying to figure out if they'll be joining us at dl/dca that day.

Thanks for any input!

Depending on traffic it's a good 90 minutes one way. Coming back could easily be 2 hours on the road.
So even if they spend 4-5 hours in the park they are looking at close to 9 hours door to door. In 2 weeks
(I'm assuming Dec3?) MM shouldn't bee too busy. If they hustle and do nothing but rides they can cram
everything in in 4-5 hours.

Thanks for the response! Yeah 12/3 or 12/4 is what we were thinking. Leaning towards sending them 12/3 because it's supposed to be so busy that day. I now know that's due to the candlelight processional.

Is mm like disneyland in that being there right at opening will help crowd wise? I know the girls and I plan on being in line for ropedrop at dca that day.

Getting there at opening always helps. Depending on crowds it can take a whole day, IMO. SFMM covers a large area, much of which is pretty hilly. And sometimes they don't run the coasters at full capacity so lines can get long.

MM is offering a Black Friday sale where you get a 2017 gold pass for $79.99 (gate price of 1 day) and it includes the rest of 2016. There's free parking, in park discounts and a free pass to bring a friend on 12/4. So to save a little, you could buy that deal now through Monday. Or, assuming it's a popular deal, I'd guess that 12/3 would be the slightly lower crowd day there now.

Thanks for that info!! They've pretty much decided on 12/3, but just need to buy the tickets. There is only a tiny chance we might come back in 2017, but if they got the annual passes, we could use them in St. Louis if we go this summer.

Hmm.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter