Magic VIP character breakfast

lucky1

Face Character
Is the Magic VIP character breakfast different than the Wonder Disney Jr Character Breakfast? with the Characters in attendance?

Is the Magic VIP character breakfast different than the Wonder Disney Jr Character Breakfast? with the Characters in attendance?
It has the standard Disney characters, not the Disney Jr characters. Otherwise, it's the same.

May 2017 EBTA, the VIP character breakfast featured the classics - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto. It was held on more than one morning, so there may have been some variance in this, but it was not Disney Jr. It was quite fun and the characters were very free with their time.

How do you book this? I didn’t see it as an option.
The free character breakfasts are only on cruises of 7 days or more, and as @PrincessShmoo said can be pre-booked on the excursions/activities page. The Caribbean/Bahamas ones are the Disney Jr. characters (plus Mickey) and I think the rest of them (especially Alaska and Europe cruises) are the Classic characters (Mickey/Minnie/Goofy/Pluto).

From the DCL website:
  • A Character Breakfast is featured on one morning of select 7-plus night cruises with a minimum of 2 days at sea.
  • The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
  • VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
  • Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are featured on 14-night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
  • Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-night cruises.

Thank you! Our upcoming and past cruises have been 5 nights. That would explain why I hadn’t come across this while booking.

The free character breakfasts are only on cruises of 7 days or more, and as @PrincessShmoo said can be pre-booked on the excursions/activities page. The Caribbean/Bahamas ones are the Disney Jr. characters (plus Mickey) and I think the rest of them (especially Alaska and Europe cruises) are the Classic characters (Mickey/Minnie/Goofy/Pluto).

Are these breakfasts buffets - like Chef's Mickey's etc? Or are they from an ala carte menu?

When we did it on the Fantasy in Jan 2019, Jake was no longer at it, he's been replaced by Vampirina.

From the DCL website:
  • A Character Breakfast is featured on one morning of select 7-plus night cruises with a minimum of 2 days at sea.
  • The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
  • VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
  • Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are featured on 14-night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
  • Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-night cruises.
Thank for the information! We have done two-7 Caribbean cruises. Looking forward to the change of characters for our Alaska cruise this summer. Pluto is my DS8 favourite character and he has outgrown Disney Jr. Because of your post I will probably book a breakfast I was going to skip!

Thank for the information! We have done two-7 Caribbean cruises. Looking forward to the change of characters for our Alaska cruise this summer. Pluto is my DS8 favourite character and he has outgrown Disney Jr. Because of your post I will probably book a breakfast I was going to skip!

We've done it twice on the Wonder and Fantasy each, I personally like it better on the Wonder than the Fantasy. The characters stayed at the table longer and they do something a little silly (but fun) with your napkins that they don't do on the Fantasy. Bring your camera. My dd has also outgrown the Disney Jr characters, so I don't plan on doing it anymore on the Fantasy. We'll do it on the Wonder/Magic though, more fun.

We've done these 3 times and the kids like them. It's not super long interactions, but still worth it. I will say, for whatever reason, it's some of the worst food we've had on the ship. Cabanas and the regular MDR breakfast are much better. That said, if you are there for the characters, it's good.

We've done these 3 times and the kids like them. It's not super long interactions, but still worth it. I will say, for whatever reason, it's some of the worst food we've had on the ship. Cabanas and the regular MDR breakfast are much better. That said, if you are there for the characters, it's good.

Well, this is something I didn't want to hear ;) But thank's for your honest assessment :)

I'll report back, when we return....

The food at DCL character breakfast...might depend upon what you order and what ship you're on. We've enjoyed ours on the Wonder and Magic. Omelets have always been good and the hash browns on the Northern Europe cruise were especially good.

Disney Magic August 2018 VIP Character breakfast:
10aDSCN9755.JPG 10aDSCN9756.JPG 10aDSCN9757.JPG 10aDSCN9758.JPG 10aDSCN9748.JPG 10aDSCN9751.JPG 10aDSCN9753.JPG

We did it on the Wonder to Alaska too and loved all the folded napkin "crafts" that the servers made! We have it booked also on our upcoming cruise on the Magic in Europe and hope it's the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter