Magical Express earlier pick up time request

katriscari

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if it is possible to request pick up earlier on ME? I know they use a 3 hour window now. By the time you get to the airport, you are usually there around 2 hours before your flight. In May 2017 and this past weekend MCO seemed so much more hectic and crowded that it has on our prior trips. Maybe part of it is us because we have a stroller/baby now, but the lines for security are about an hour long, if not longer. We did not have to check any bags for this weekend trip, so that saved us a little time, but we were still only to our gate about 15-20 minutes before we started to board the plane. I just do not like feeling so rushed. If we had to check bages we would not have made it to the gate until after checking in for the flight started. Right now, we get to board early because we have a passenger under age 2.

And the black fortune teller ball with the white number 8 on it, which you ask a yes-no question of (works somewhat like a snow globe but it is opaque except for a little window where your answer appears) says, "YES, DEFINITELY."

A request for an earlier Magical Express bus back to the airport, made timely, is always granted. The normal deadline is the morning of the day before the day you will sadly leave (that person will sadly leave if not everyone does at the same time).

As with all DME confirmations, verify that the desired bus time on the paper delivered to your door is correct. If not (or you did not get the confirmation paper), go down to the front desk and resolve that before heading off to the parks that morning of the day before the day your DME bus is scheduled.

Your new bus time is your one and only. You would expect DME to take you at that time. After you get your new bus time, do not say to or mention to or discuss with or admit to anyone that your time is earlier than normal.

Last edited:
I have called 2 or 3 days before leaving and have asked for a earlier time. We had no issue getting a bus around 3 and half hours ahead of our flight. Make things easier since we want to grab a bit of lunch before the flight .

Just call DME directly and arrange for a pick up time that you're comfortable with. They're very accommodating about picking you up earlier than normal - not so much about picking you up later, though.

While you could go to the front desk, don't. Just call DME directly at (866) 599-0951.

Steve

After you get your new bus time, do not say to or mention to or discuss with or admit to anyone that your time is earlier than normal.

OK, I'll bite: Why do you think the OP would need to keep the early bus time a secret?

If you call Magical Express they will gladly arrange it for you. The reason they need to know is to ensure they are scheduling enough buses. Also, some drivers may refuse to let me on if it is not your ride time. It is rare, but they can.

... secret ...
So no one might try to bump you off of the Magical Express bus to let another family who is running late get on, thus negating the benefits of asking for the earlier bus.

And so, if a DME error denied your boarding the bus, resort staff would assume you need re-accommodation intended to get you to the airport based on the bus departure time you held.

Last edited:
So no one might try to bump you off of the Magical Express bus to let another family who is running late get on, thus negating the benefits of asking for the earlier bus.

And so, if a DME error denied your boarding the bus, resort staff would assume you need re-accommodation intended to get you to the airport based on the bus departure time you held.

They are obviously fine accommodating people who ask to leave earlier. No need for people to keep it a secret or act like they're doing something wrong. You'd be breaking no rules and would have just as much – if not more – of a right to that seat as someone running late.

They are obviously fine accommodating people who ask to leave earlier. No need for people to keep it a secret or act like they're doing something wrong. You'd be breaking no rules and would have just as much – if not more – of a right to that seat as someone running late.
this. I have frequently asked for an earlier time. I hate rushing. I would rather have an hour or more waiting at the gate than running through the airport. No need to keep it a secret. So I shout to people that my plane doesn't really leave for another 4 hour ha ha. No. I simply show up get on the bus and go.

Thanks all! I will be calling. I am going to look into TSA precheck too because paying this fee would help us a lot!

I wish I read this earlier. We didn't have time to stop for breakfast or finish getting snacks before we had to board the bus. We had to grab food as soon as we got through security and we didn't have that much time. My DD wanted to look in the Disney Store there, but there wasn't enough time. Next time I will request an earlier time. I prefer waiting there for a bit than rushing and panicking if it is close to boarding time.

The other option I was thinking of is getting TSA precheck for the adults in our party. That is where we spend the majority of our time at MCO lol

Does anyone know if it is possible to request pick up earlier on ME? I know they use a 3 hour window now. By the time you get to the airport, you are usually there around 2 hours before your flight. In May 2017 and this past weekend MCO seemed so much more hectic and crowded that it has on our prior trips. Maybe part of it is us because we have a stroller/baby now, but the lines for security are about an hour long, if not longer. We did not have to check any bags for this weekend trip, so that saved us a little time, but we were still only to our gate about 15-20 minutes before we started to board the plane. I just do not like feeling so rushed. If we had to check bages we would not have made it to the gate until after checking in for the flight started. Right now, we get to board early because we have a passenger under age 2.

I've/We've done this many times. DH likes to get to the airport with plenty of time so we almost always call DME and request an earlier pick up. When I've gone solo, sometimes I call, or sometimes, since I'm solo, I'll just get to the bus stop early and ask the bus driver if he has extra room. However, in light of the recent post about the people who ended up sitting on the floor, I'm not so sure I should trust the bus driver to be keeping track of the number of seats he has!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter