Magical Express Question

fattymatty

Mouseketeer
Hey Folks,

We will be flying out of Vancouver to Orlando in August and I was wondering if we have to pickup our luggage in Orlando before boarding Magical express or if we put the magical express tags on it they will pick up for us. I know they say international flights that they can't but We will have a layover in Denver so would they then be able to since it would be a flight from Denver not Vancouver

Also when flying back can international flights use the airline check-in service at the resort?

Usually the luggage tags work if you go through customs and immigration before leaving your home airport.

You can't use the airline check-in service when flying international.

Hey Folks,

We will be flying out of Vancouver to Orlando in August and I was wondering if we have to pickup our luggage in Orlando before boarding Magical express or if we put the magical express tags on it they will pick up for us. I know they say international flights that they can't but We will have a layover in Denver so would they then be able to since it would be a flight from Denver not Vancouver

Also when flying back can international flights use the airline check-in service at the resort?
By international think off North America, you will get your yellow luggage tags and if your flight arrives before the cut-off time (not sure of that 10 i think??) they will get delivered to your room. Since you will pre-clear US Customs in Vancouver you won't even see your bags in Denver.

You won't be able to use the resort check in on your way home.

Usually the luggage tags work if you go through customs and immigration before leaving your home airport.

So what if I am connecting through Toronto or Montreal to Orlando, not the US? Most times, in Toronto anyways, on Air Canada we do not see our bags until our final destination. Do I still put the luggage tags on in Halifax in order for our bags to be retrieved by the Magical Express?

So what if I am connecting through Toronto or Montreal to Orlando, not the US? Most times, in Toronto anyways, on Air Canada we do not see our bags until our final destination. Do I still put the luggage tags on in Halifax in order for our bags to be retrieved by the Magical Express?

My understanding is that, as long as you go through customs and immigration in Canada (and I believe you do even if you're just connecting through Toronto from another location ?), then the bags will arrive in your room; thus you put the tags on. If you do not clear customs and immigration in Canada, then you have to have them with you when you clear C&I in the US, thus you would not put the tags on because you have to physically pick them up before going through customs.

My two cents on when to put on the yellow tag: instead of figuring out the last time you'll see your luggage, just attach the tags before checking in for the first leg of your trip to the World. Then it doesn't matter if/where you see your bags in transit.

Just a warning about using the luggage delivery service (yellow tags). Correct, that the cut off time is flights landing before 10pm. However, things have slowed down at MCO with the staff that handles the DME bags. I have read several reports of people landing in the evening well before the 10pm cut off and not getting their bags until after midnight. This also happened to me in March. We landed at approx. 7:20pm, we were in our room at the resort about 8:30ish and our bags arrived at 2am. I knew that I could have had them hold my bags until morning but I wanted my bags and according to DME the bags should have been delivered before 12:30 at the latest. Never did I think I would be waiting until 2am. Prior to that experience I had used the service many times without any problems. In fact, our bags often arrived to the room within 45 minutes after we got in.

So basically my new rule is going to be to collect my own luggage if arriving after 4:30pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!