Magical Moments Pin

c4241

Mouseketeer
<center>

mick45_small.jpg
</center>
I just read on someone's trip report something about them buying a "Magical Moments Pin". It sounds like it has "bells and whistles" of some sort. Couldn't figure it out....can anyone tell me more about it, how much, where you buy one etc? It certainly sounds like something fun for all ages.

<MARQUEE><font size=+2 color=red <marquee> ºoº...Micki and Mike are going to Disneyworld...ºoº</MARQUEE><p><p>

Hey Micki!!!! :wave: The MM pins came out for Walt's 100th birthday celebration. They are somewhat larger than a standard pin and made of plastic. They have one for each park and a 5th, general one. Each pin has several small lights which are interactive in the parks (all pins work equally the same and well in all the parks) with attractions, rides and parades. I have one and they are another fun item WDW has to offer us, for a $ or 2. I think they are about $15. If you get one, make sure to take batteries out at night, or they are on all the time. They should be available almost anywhere regular pins are sold.

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/pinsmm.html

http://www.mouseplanet.com/wdwupdate/disneys_magical_moments_pins_and_game.htm

I love those pins but the battery doesnt last long for me. Maybe it because i always press the pin to see it light up:jester: But I still love them.

This MM pin is so much fun! It would "go off" at the most unexpected moments, like while on the queue for ToT or during the Tapestry parade.
I have a wonderful memory of the pin starting to madly flash but I didn't notice it until a timekeeper from Tapestry very dramatically pointed it out to me as he passed. He pointed to my flashing pin with a smooth wave of his hand, then pointed to his own chest, and mouthed the words "we are one", like from the song. I was thrilled!

I hope the activators are still there this July, because I'm going to get a new battery and bring that Magical Moments pin!

When we were there in August they had the pins at the Disney outlets for approx $4.

Annette

I love those pins but the battery doesnt last long for me. Maybe it because i always press the pin to see it light up But I still love them.
It's not your fault. The pin contains a radio receiver that listens for signals that will activate the pin. This receiver is always on, and as such the batteries only seem to last around 4 days (and they provide the spare set of batteries). You turn the pin "on", when you pull the plastic tab out of the battery compartment after you buy it. The pins are very cool. A couple of memorable events for me: After Fastasmic the pin goes "nuts" for a couple of minutes, as you exit The Haunted Mansion the red LEDs on the pin pulsate like a beating heart.

The pins at the outlets are a great deal. They are leftovers from 2002 and contain the "100 Years" celebration logo. The pricier pins in the parks now are the same styles (one for each theme park), but the logo has been changed to the generic "magical moments" logo.

Can someone tell me where I can buy magical moments pins? Or - what do the different pins look like - if I can decide which ones I want, I may ask the concierge at the Yacht Club to pick them up for me and have them waiting for my kids. Thanks so much!:Pinkbounc

They are available from lots of souvenir locations within the parks. For the "100 Years" celebration there were five designs, one for each park and a fifth one that just contained the "100 Years" logo. The park designs were: Castle for MK, Spaceship Earth for Epcot, Sorcerer's Hat for MGM, and Tree of Life for AK. I think the current MM pin seies only includes the four park pins with the new MM logo.

Does anyone know what kind of batteries the pins take? I'd like to get one while were there in December, and it sounds like I should take extra batteries for it...

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter