Magicband Care

Skicks35

Mouseketeer
Finally took the "plunge" and purchased Magicbands for my wife and I (MK park life and Cinderella castle). All previous trips, we've simply used the basic/included MB's, so I didn't mind them getting dirty, scratched, wet, etc. I'd obviously like these to last a bit longer, so that leads me to a bit of a silly question:

Does anybody do anything differently for their purchased MB's to protect them and the decals/prints that are on them? Scotch guard, take them off in the pool, clean them, etc?

Or are they high enough quality to where I don't need to worry about any of that?

Thanks!

I'm not going to be that much help since the only MagicBand that I've ever bought outside of the included ones we've always gotten is one from before the new 2.0 (current) version came out. But they are made to be waterproof and for the most part I've seen that people just clean them with a wet wipe, alcohol, or soap and water. I'd just avoid scrubbing them, although they seem to be pretty well made as of now. My 2.0 bands are all looking pretty new still without me taking any special care of them.

I would avoid using Scotchgard since I read that it can discolor rubber and I'm pretty sure there is some rubber in MagicBands.

I don't know how often you go to the parks but I think your new MagicBands should hold up and look good for a long time! :-)

I do nothing special to my MB and they all look like new
Same here. Maybe wipe with a damp towel here or there. Or dry it off should I splash it while washing my hands.

While I have 48 and counting that I've collected and purchased over the years, I generally wear my MK45th Tiki Room Band at the Magic Kingdom (I like the special colors and sounds it makes) It still looks new.

Even my white Dooney & Bourke band and white Epcot 35th bands still are clean and white.

Interesting because mine (solid colors, the ones that are given with a stay at a Disney resort) fade over time.

Interesting because mine (solid colors, the ones that are given with a stay at a Disney resort) fade over time.
my solid color MB1's (from 2014, 2015, and early 2016) have become "chalky" which makes them look like what some would consider faded. Even the base of my graphic bands from back then look like that, while their graphics still look fresh.

My solid MB2's (from December 2016 and on) haven't done that, or if they have, its not noticeable. They all look about the same as when I got them. Although my solids pretty much sit on the shelf at home, on display, and don't rarely got used in the parks.

my solid color MB1's (from 2014, 2015, and early 2016) have become "chalky" which makes them look like what some would consider faded. Even the base of my graphic bands from back then look like that, while their graphics still look fresh.

My solid MB2's (from December 2016 and on) haven't done that, or if they have, its not noticeable. They all look about the same as when I got them. Although my solids pretty much sit on the shelf at home, on display, and don't rarely got used in the parks.
I have a solid MB1 from January 2017 that I wore on at least 4 trips and it has that chalky look. Good to know the MB2 doesn't do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter