Mailing a package to a resort?

LAWalz23

DIS Veteran
We were thinking of mailing some NY bottled water to the Poly for our trip in two weeks because my sister and her son have allergeries/reactions to the sulfer and salt found in many of the waters bottled in FL. My question is, if the water arrives before us can we request the box be brought o our room (giving the person who brought it a big tip) or would we have to pick it up and carry it to the rooms ourselves? If anyone could share any experiences, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi

This is such a great question...i've often wondered if this is possible i would love to ship water to the hotel because the sulfur bothers me also...Looking forward to hearing replies:D

They will bring it to your room. Either mention that you mailed a package to yourself when you check in or call the mailroom when you get to your room and they will bring the box to you. We did this at the Grand Floridian in September. We sent diapers, wipes, etc. a few days before we left home so we wouldn't have to pack it all and we did not want to stop to go shopping on our way to WDW. We used Fedex which was great because we were able to track the package. Be sure to call the resort ahead of time to get the correct address and include your reservation number and the dates of your stay on the package. Also, don't send it too far in advance. We sent it just under a week prior to our arrival date and used the 4 day shipping method if I recall correctly. It got there 2 days before we did.

Enjoy your vacation!:wave:

If you mail it USPS use the Seven Seas Drive portion of the address but NOT the POBox that is also included in the address on the back of your reservation confirmation.

I was wondering why you wouldn't just stop at the grocery store on your way to the resort? Obviously, if you are not renting a car you wouldn't have this option. But if you are driving yourself, to/from the airport, I would strongly suggest a stop at Pulix Supermarket for supplies. I completely agree about the foul tasting water and refuse to even brush my teeth in it!

You can buy Poland Springs brand water for cheap cheap! Cheaper than paying all that postage and risking a water leak somewhere along the way! We always stop at Publix before checking in at the resort to pick up bottles of water, a package of bagels or muffins for a quick breakfast as well as other snacks and box drinks for the kids. A penny saved is a penny earned...

Just a thought

~Wendy:Pinkbounc

We do plan to stop at a store but the problem is that the water bottled in FL (and that is mostly what is sold) has too much salt and sulfer for my sister and nephew. Thanks anyway.

Maybe someone who lives in FL could answer this for sure, but I believe you should look at the water that is available in Wal-Mart. I work for one of Wal-Mart's distribution centers and all the great value water that we ship out is made in Little Rock, AR. This includes the one gallon as well as the smaller sizes. Also some of the name brand bottles are made from Canadain water. It might be worth it to look but I am sure there is some that is not made in Fl. I may be wrong but it is definately worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. My sister is going to try and call Walmart to see if we can get that info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter