Majesty of the Seas, first cruise ever.

Recca135

Earning My Ears
So my husband and I finally pulled the trigger and are going on our first cruise ever! We are traveling on Majesty of the Seas that leaves Port Canaveral on December 15, 2017. It's a 3 day cruise because we are also doing 2 days at Disney!

Few questions. Is there a shuttle from MCO over to port? What about a shuttle from port to Disney?

We want to do at least 1 excursion. We are going to Nassau and Cococay. What ones do you suggest? We are open to anything but Atlantis.

Dining. Is there anywhere on the island that you suggest eating at when we are not on the boat? This is a new experience for us so we want to take it all in.

Thank you everyone! We sure can't wait to set sail! We never had a honeymoon and will be married 3 years by the time cruising comes around. I'm super excited!

There are a lot of shuttle services that will take you over to the cruise ship terminals. DId you go through a travel agent? ALso, are you staying the night at a hotel upon arrival? Because some hotels have their own shuttles.

So my husband and I finally pulled the trigger and are going on our first cruise ever! We are traveling on Majesty of the Seas that leaves Port Canaveral on December 15, 2017. It's a 3 day cruise because we are also doing 2 days at Disney!

Few questions. Is there a shuttle from MCO over to port? What about a shuttle from port to Disney?

We want to do at least 1 excursion. We are going to Nassau and Cococay. What ones do you suggest? We are open to anything but Atlantis.

Dining. Is there anywhere on the island that you suggest eating at when we are not on the boat? This is a new experience for us so we want to take it all in.

Thank you everyone! We sure can't wait to set sail! We never had a honeymoon and will be married 3 years by the time cruising comes around. I'm super excited!
Why not Atlantis?

there are no 'free' shuttles .... the airport is 45 minutes from the port. From WDW add 20 minutes. Many shuttle companies will take you but it costs. RCCL will sell you a shuttle ride from the airport to the port, it is NOT the most cost effective option.

There are no excursions as such at coco cay ... the place is pretty small. the excursions that exist are things like parasailing, PWC rides etc. It is a good place for snorkeling .... coc cay is essentially an extension of the ship - food is included (beach bbq) and you pay for drinks with your ship card ....

Excursions in Nassau - not Atlantis - there are several boat ride snorkel type trips if that interests you. There isn't all that much on the island one you leave the downtown area (which is not recommended btw ... at least not just exploring on your own). I like to take first timers for a city tour / buggy ride (not an excursion) and ask to be dropped off that the Pirate Museum which is worthy of a visit (not a kids attraction, an actual museum where you might learn something) and then walk back to the ship from here which takes you thru the main shopping area (such as it is). Places to eat ..... I'm not a fan of any here. Many experienced cruisers just stay on the boat in Nassau ... but if you are a first timer, get off walk around .... experience for yourself. Btw you can go to Atlantis and just walk around the area ...... there's a water taxi .....

Last edited:

We drove right to the port so no idea about shuttle.
We did a horse carriage tour in Nassau, shopped and toured on our own. We ate at a dive bar but nothing memorable.
DD and I did jet skis in Coco Cay (both of us were drivers) we thought it was awesome, you do have to stay with the group though.
DW got a Cabana in Coco Cay and loved it.
This was our first cruise and we loved it. It's RC's oldest smallest boat but we loved it.

Have Fun

My DH and I are Disney Cruise Line regulars but we just got off of the Majesty of the Seas! We chose this ship because we were celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary and we were not cruising with our kids. It was cost effective...
We kept our expectations low... Well, we had an amazing time. Amazing time!:love: We might even be sold by RCL. The ship was small but not that much of a difference from the Disney Magic. The size did not bother us at all but I did miss the luxury feel that the DCL ships offer. The food was spectacular! Flavorful. And that is another reason why we are sold. Entertainment was excellent. Excellent. I forgot what it meant to be an adult again. Service was comparable to Disney. Nothing outstanding to really note. Some workers were great and some could care less. We did the Deluxe Drink and Vroom (Wifi-Internet) Package. The Delux Drink Package allowed us to purchase most drinks including Starbucks whenever we wanted. The Vroom Pacakage allowed me to Facetime my children.

We used Ace Luxury Transportation from Disney (we stayed at All Star Music Resort the night before) to Port Canaveral. Excellent, professional, and prompt service to and from. We did the Atlantis tour and just enjoyed the beach at Coco Cay (beach lounger on South Beach side is a lot quieter). There are several restaurants along the port in Nassau that you can enjoy. We chose to eat at Lukka Kairi and it was OK. Most restaurants have menus outside that you can read through.

Overall, is was a really nice experience and we are so glad that we gave RCL a chance. We hope to cruise with them again. But for now, with three small children (DD 9, DD6, and DS4) we will stick with Disneypixiedust: because of their family feel (overall atmosphere) and they cater to kids.
You will have an amazing time! :yay:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter