Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just booked a trip for Presidents Week in Feb 2020 (staying Feb 15th-21st) - staying at CBR

Trying to put together a list of things that should/could be open by then - here is what I am thinking:
- Skyliner
- Galaxy's Edge (both rides)
- Space Restaurant
- Riviera, including Tipolina (which I thought could be a good arrival day option as just a skyliner trip away and can see fireworks/nighttime shows)
- new Epcot fireworks - do we know if it will still be Epcot Forever, or might the new permanent show be open by then
- Beauty and the Beast singalong
- Regal Eagle BBQ and Craft Brews
- and maybe either Rat ride or Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

Anything I am off on - or anything missing?

So just booked a trip for Presidents Week in Feb 2020 (staying Feb 15th-21st) - staying at CBR

Trying to put together a list of things that should/could be open by then - here is what I am thinking:
- Skyliner
- Galaxy's Edge (both rides)
- Space Restaurant
- Riviera, including Tipolina (which I thought could be a good arrival day option as just a skyliner trip away and can see fireworks/nighttime shows)
- new Epcot fireworks - do we know if it will still be Epcot Forever, or might the new permanent show be open by then
- Beauty and the Beast singalong
- Regal Eagle BBQ and Craft Brews
- and maybe either Rat ride or Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

Anything I am off on - or anything missing?
They are supposed to have the new movie at The Land opened by then.

Have any of you heard anything about the attractions that are plan to open in 2021? I was wondering if any of them (France ride, Guardians of the Galaxy) would open any earlier. We are going Dec 2020. I'm pretty sure Tron won't be open yet but I was hoping something new would be.
Thank you for your insight!

Have any of you heard anything about the attractions that are plan to open in 2021? I was wondering if any of them (France ride, Guardians of the Galaxy) would open any earlier. We are going Dec 2020. I'm pretty sure Tron won't be open yet but I was hoping something new would be.
Thank you for your insight!
Look at the first post of this thread I merged yours with. That will give you a better idea.

The first page of this thread has Ratatouille opening Summer 2020 and the Guardians of the Galaxy opening in Spring 2020. I am wondering if anyone has updates on the progress of Ratatouille. This is my daughter's favorite Disney movie and I am tentatively planning a summer trip.

Thanks, Ryan, for keeping this thread updated. I was looking for the WDW RR in the closed list on the first page and either I missed it or it wasn't there. Is it still closed and is it the entire loop? Any info on this would be appreciated. The last thing I heard, they had RR cars sitting in the Main St. station, but they weren't running. I will miss hearing the whistle. :(

Thanks, Ryan, for keeping this thread updated. I was looking for the WDW RR in the closed list on the first page and either I missed it or it wasn't there. Is it still closed and is it the entire loop? Any info on this would be appreciated. The last thing I heard, they had RR cars sitting in the Main St. station, but they weren't running. I will miss hearing the whistle. :(
Yes still closed. They still have the train sitting at the station not moving.

Do you know if they blow the whistle every now and then? I know that's unlikely, but I really associate that sound with part of the joy I feel whenever I arrive at MK.
It’s sitting in the station and the guests are the ones who blow the whistle right now. So it does go off but without set times.

Do you know if they blow the whistle every now and then? I know that's unlikely, but I really associate that sound with part of the joy I feel whenever I arrive at MK.

I totally agree with you. Hearing the whistle of the train is just another one of the small things that I love. Walt did too!
It’s sitting in the station and the guests are the ones who blow the whistle right now. So it does go off but without set times.
Happy to hear!

So glad to know I'm not the only one that reacts to the train whistle. Dh was watching a golf tournament held on Disney property after our first trip to WDW and the train whistle came across the TV. I immediately burst into tears while dh looked at me dumbfounded and couldn't figure out what I was crying about. I tried to explain that the sound of the train triggered a sudden unexpected emotional response in me but he just didn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!