Major DVC Change - Resale Market Only original 14 resort access

Yes, I did a little math and came up with close to what you did (less since I factored in commission to sell thru a third party). The most difficult discussion I have ever had in my life occurred about 6 months ago. I sat down with my wife, went over our finances, and advised if anything happens to me you are going to need to sell the DVC points. Not easy admitting one is mortal, especially to ones life partner of 43 years.

I am so glad we purchased it when we did in 2000. I couldn't afford new points today and with the restrictions on the resale market, I probably wouldn't jump in.

Without many RR resales occurring just yet, it's tough to quantify, long-term, the level of satisfaction those owners will have or the price per point for those RR resales. For those who never sell, they'll likely be okay with the purchase. However, for those who run into life's obstacles such as divorce, death, financial downturn, or simply changing family dynamics, it remains to be seen if they'll love it as much when the new restrictions are levied on their attempt to resell the contract. It's a huge risk, an unknown risk. If I'm blunt, I believe many new RR owners (more than with past new resorts) are going to regret having bought into a resort where they're handcuffed when it comes time for them to sell for whatever reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!