Major Epcot Transformation Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
asdmncv9823409.jpg

weoriu230487432.jpg
Epcot will now be unified with four different neighborhoods that look at different aspects of the world and people. World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature, World Discovery

World Showcase
The United Kingdom welcomes a new Mary Poppins attraction in a new area of the pavilion, Cherry Tree Lane.

Epcot Forever and HarmoniUS the two new Epcot nighttime spectaculars.

New World Showcase films in China, France, and Canada.

World Celebration
New experiences to connect guests to one another and the world around us. Spaceship Earth remains the focus but receives an all new narration, new score, and focuses on new human uniting experiences.

A new pavilion will serve as the home base for Epcot festivals. It brings a new elevated viewing space for nighttime spectaculars.

Epcot's entrance will be transformed with new experiences and a reimagined fountain.

World Nature

World Nature is for guests to understand and preserve the beauty and balance of the natural world. It will include Journey of Water, The Land, and The Seas. Awesome Planet will debut in The Land in January 2020.

World Discovery

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be a reverse launch coaster giving guests a thrilling story through the galaxy and Xandar.

Space 220 opening Winter 2019 will bring guests up 220 miles into space as they dine among the stars around them.

The PLAY! pavilion will open in time for the 50th celebration and guests will connect with beloved Disney characters both real and virtual including Edna Mode and Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.

Walt Disney Imagineering Presents the Epcot Experience will open October 1st, 2019 and shows guests the park's future throughout this transformation.

Last edited:

I am wary of the World Celebration neighborhood. Seems really weird. What is a wishing tree? And I don't like having live performances happening right there. Seems it would be noisy and chaotic. I like the setup of the American Gardens theater for that the way it is now.

The rest seems okay. I hope the Moana thing is an actual play area for kids...something like that is sorely needed.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the SSE "reimagining." Could go either way.

I am wary of the World Celebration neighborhood. Seems really weird. What is a wishing tree? And I don't like having live performances happening right there. Seems it would be noisy and chaotic. I like the setup of the American Gardens theater for that the way it is now.

The rest seems okay. I hope the Moana thing is an actual play area for kids...something like that is sorely needed.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the SSE "reimagining." Could go either way.
Not sure if Disney has another concept for it, but we have a Wishing Tree in the sculpture garden of the museum where I work. It's a tree where people can write a wish on a little tag and tie it to a branch

I’ve heard from “unscrupulous” sources that the Mary Poppins attraction is just going to be a spinner ride. I hope they do an actual dark ride but it doesn’t look like it.

I’ve heard from “unscrupulous” sources that the Mary Poppins attraction is just going to be a spinner ride. I hope they do an actual dark ride but it doesn’t look like it.
This is correct. It won't be a major e ticket or anything. They don't have the space for something huge.

Awesome news for the now weakest of the four parks. It will be a rough few years with construction even worse than DHS since most of it is smack dab in the middle of the park

I like the rethemed area concept. Though I wonder what that means for test track and imagination areas ( what theme they would be ).

This is all great news, but the looming question of imagination is killer.

If I’m not mistaking, Imagination pavilion would sit in the “neighborhood” of Nature, which doesn’t quite make sense to me. Hopefully this isn’t a sign of the exit of our favorite purple dragon, but rather them delaying an announcement to make sure they give figment the best treatment.

Another thing to consider of course is the merchandise sold involving figment. He is very much relevant today, and with parks and consumer divisions being unified, I think he will be safe, it’s just a matter of testing our patience.

This is correct. It won't be a major e ticket or anything. They don't have the space for something huge.
I was hoping that since they’re building the new festival center... maybe they would get rid of the showcase building between Canada and the U.K. That building is wasted space in my eyes. It’s prime real estate for a such a underutilized space. You could easily fit a substantial ride in that area. Just saying... I know it won’t happen. So spinning ride it is, better than nothing I guess. Still stoked to see a Cherry Tree Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter