Major Epcot Transformation Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
EPCOT is my favorite park so I´m beyond excited to see what will come!! :thumbsup2
However, we can only go every few years to WDW (and my wife has been talking about how we should see other parts of the real world lol), so it bums me out that I probably won´t ride SSE in a long time now...
I kinda regret booking our trip for late Feb, so much of EPCOT will be construction site! If at least I could have Ratatouille I would be a lot happier lol
Guess I´ll have to invest more time in eating and drinking around the world next trip :rotfl:
The Ratatouille area is slated to open sometime in Spring 2020 that's what I heard. The skyliner will of been open, you'll see the new limited only Epcot Forever firework spectacular until before it's replaced then again by the new permanent in time fireworks new spectacular scheduled in by May. There will be construction but perhaps in the center of Future World only. All the East side and West Attraction areas and all of World Showcase will remain the same! The Space restaurant will be been open also. 😄Epcot will Be Terrific!

Didn’t the early news and renderings talk about a beer garden in the area where the fountain used to be? Am I missing it in the D23 news or did they just drop that?

Didn’t the early news and renderings talk about a beer garden in the area where the fountain used to be? Am I missing it in the D23 news or did they just drop that?
That was part of the rumors. It was never announced and is still possible.

The Ratatouille area is slated to open sometime in Spring 2020 that's what I heard. The skyliner will of been open, you'll see the new limited only Epcot Forever firework spectacular until before it's replaced then again by the new permanent in time fireworks new spectacular scheduled in by May. There will be construction but perhaps in the center of Future World only. All the East side and West Attraction areas and all of World Showcase will remain the same! The Space restaurant will be been open also. 😄Epcot will Be Terrific!

Spring 2020 would probably be after February, I believe, so I´m still gonna miss Ratatouille... but a girl can dream lol
Oh, don´t get me wrong, I am excited about the things that will have debuted already - although I´m pretty sure we won´t be able to afford The Space restaurant lol I just wish some of the things I´ve been waiting for months would have opened by then (Mickey and Minnie´s Runaway Railway, I´m looking at you too!).
But I´m pretty sure we´ll still have lots of fun! Especially in WS, it´s my favorite area, I love exploring all the pavilions. Even a construction-heavy WDW visit is a great WDW visit. Certainly beats being at work :rotfl:

Could that have been a rumour-level take on this thing?

1566765095136-png.429309

Have a bar and some drinks at the "plaza" level and at the top floor viewing deck?

Chapek said that the new festival center will be “the perfect place for live events”. The uniquely-designed structure will feature three levels: a plaza level on the first floor, an expo level on the second floor, and a park level on the top floor. It was said that the third floor will be the perfect place from which to view Epcot’s nightly spectaculars.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/details-announced-regarding-epcots-new-festival-center/

Now I recently read
Ratatouille Area will open Summer 2020.

A new Canada Film will open January.

Spring 2020 would probably be after February, I believe, so I´m still gonna miss Ratatouille... but a girl can dream lol
Oh, don´t get me wrong, I am excited about the things that will have debuted already - although I´m pretty sure we won´t be able to afford The Space restaurant lol I just wish some of the things I´ve been waiting for months would have opened by then (Mickey and Minnie´s Runaway Railway, I´m looking at you too!).
But I´m pretty sure we´ll still have lots of fun! Especially in WS, it´s my favorite area, I love exploring all the pavilions. Even a construction-heavy WDW visit is a great WDW visit. Certainly beats being at work :rotfl:

I am in this exact boat, I’ll be there late Feb too. AND I only recently realized that my second day there is the last day for the Festival of the Arts, so I had to hurry and move some ADRs around so now I’ll be in Epcot the day it ends (as well as the day after my birthday lol). I’d like to be optimistic that SSE will still somehow be open, and the rumors that the Runaway Railway will be open (or soft open?) by my trip I seriously hope are true for both of us. :cutie: I’d love for it to be a nice birthday present from WDW for the MMRR to be open, but I’m not gonna be too upset if they aren’t. I haven’t been to WDW in almost 10 years, so I’ll still have plenty of new things to see. Frankly I’ll also be happy just to be there instead of work. :lmao:Besides, I plan on going again in 2021 anyways, so it’ll just be more to see!

Also, by that time Rise Of The Resistance will be open and a good portion of the initial hype will have been lowered a little, so that’s something to look forward to!

I am in this exact boat, I’ll be there late Feb too. AND I only recently realized that my second day there is the last day for the Festival of the Arts, so I had to hurry and move some ADRs around so now I’ll be in Epcot the day it ends (as well as the day after my birthday lol). I’d like to be optimistic that SSE will still somehow be open, and the rumors that the Runaway Railway will be open (or soft open?) by my trip I seriously hope are true for both of us. :cutie: I’d love for it to be a nice birthday present from WDW for the MMRR to be open, but I’m not gonna be too upset if they aren’t. I haven’t been to WDW in almost 10 years, so I’ll still have plenty of new things to see. Frankly I’ll also be happy just to be there instead of work. :lmao:Besides, I plan on going again in 2021 anyways, so it’ll just be more to see!

Also, by that time Rise Of The Resistance will be open and a good portion of the initial hype will have been lowered a little, so that’s something to look forward to!
Oh, I hear ya... We´ll land in Orlando on the last day of the Festival of the Arts! I managed to pinpoint our trip on that exact gap between Festival of the Arts and the F&G Festival... master planning skills! :lmao:
I´m dealing with the fact that many things will be closed/not ready yet. I just really wish SSE would be still open, my aunt never visited Epcot and we don´t know when she´ll be able to come with us again, so I really wanted for her to ride it, it´s so iconic!
But you´re right, even with many closures, refurbishments and construction, being at WDW beats being at work anyday! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!