Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

I'm pretty sure you have to buy a separate ticket to the Halloween party, as your ticket is a regular park admission ticket. You will be asked to leave the park around 7:00. The good news is that the tickets you do have are park hoppers, so you can go to another park that night, although if you wanted to stay all day and see the fireworks, you might want to go on another day. No direct experience, sorry!

:welcome: to DisBoards!

I wish Baylee a most magical trip!

GKTW is a very special place. My wife and I are blessed with the opportunity to volunteer there. We have met only the best people there.

My one question is whether or not we will be able to stay for Mickeys not so scary Halloween party as it is happening the first night we will be there?

MNSSHP is a special ticketed event. I just checked and it is $74 per adult and Disney shows ticket availability for Sept 7, 10, and 12. The park tickets you receive when you check in to GKTW are for basic park admission. You should ask about this when you check in to GKTW. Perhaps GKTW has access to discounts.

Has anyone done IFLY?

A bunch of folks from where I used to work went to a place just like IFLY. I went with them but I have a bad back so I opted not to fly but everyone had great time. They all reported that it was a bit tricky to learn but that the instructors did a great job of training and took new flyers for tandem flights.

GKTW is a very special place. My wife and I are blessed with the opportunity to volunteer there. We have met only the best people there.

MNSSHP is a special ticketed event. I just checked and it is $74 per adult and Disney shows ticket availability for Sept 7, 10, and 12. The park tickets you receive when you check in to GKTW are for basic park admission. You should ask about this when you check in to GKTW. Perhaps GKTW has access to discounts.

A bunch of folks from where I used to work went to a place just like IFLY. I went with them but I have a bad back so I opted not to fly but everyone had great time. They all reported that it was a bit tricky to learn but that the instructors did a great job of training and took new flyers for tandem flights.
Thank you so much! Since you volunteer there do you know if we can grab a sandwich from GKTW to take with us for lunch in the parks if we don't plan on making it back to GKTW until evening time? Or should I go to a store and buy some sandwich things and pack our own picnic lunch?

Thank you so much! Since you volunteer there do you know if we can grab a sandwich from GKTW to take with us for lunch in the parks if we don't plan on making it back to GKTW until evening time? Or should I go to a store and buy some sandwich things and pack our own picnic lunch?
We were at GKTW last summer. No on the lunches to go, but your organization should give you spending money to use for meals in the parks. One tip we loved was calling ahead to GKTW when we were driving back after a day in the parks and having pizzas or chicken dinner delivered to our villa.

We were at GKTW last summer. No on the lunches to go, but your organization should give you spending money to use for meals in the parks. One tip we loved was calling ahead to GKTW when we were driving back after a day in the parks and having pizzas or chicken dinner delivered to our villa.
We are headed up to pick up our itinerary now so we should find that out. Will they deliver the food to your villa even if you aren't home?

do you know if we can grab a sandwich from GKTW to take with us for lunch in the parks if we don't plan on making it back to GKTW until evening time? Or should I go to a store and buy some sandwich things and pack our own picnic lunch?

To my knowledge GKTW does not offer packed to go lunches. In the morning they offer a few "grab and go" breakfast items for those headed off for the day. In the cafe' I have only seen breakfast food at breakfast time, pizza and other lunch selections midday, and pizza and dinner selections in the evening. There is a Super Walmart and an Aldi just up the street from GKTW if you decide to buy some items.

To my knowledge GKTW does not offer packed to go lunches. In the morning they offer a few "grab and go" breakfast items for those headed off for the day. In the cafe' I have only seen breakfast food at breakfast time, pizza and other lunch selections midday, and pizza and dinner selections in the evening. There is a Super Walmart and an Aldi just up the street from GKTW if you decide to buy some items.
Just got back from Make A Wish and they are amazing! We have enough money to buy all our meals in the park plus souvenirs. That just allayed most of my worries. Thank you everyone for your help!

I had my wish grantor ask about MNSSHP and they do not offer tickets to the event or offer any discounts. Tickets must be purchased separately at our own expense. Maybe your wish granting organization will cover the cost for you.....this is what we were told when we asked! Hope that helps!

Just got back from Make A Wish and they are amazing! We have enough money to buy all our meals in the park plus souvenirs. That just allayed most of my worries. Thank you everyone for your help!
When are you going on your trip......and can you give me an idea of what your spending money was and how many people in your family? I am supposed to get my check some time this week, and I am so worried because I am such a planner and haven't made any dining reservations for fear we won't have enough money to do it all!!!!

When are you going on your trip......and can you give me an idea of what your spending money was and how many people in your family? I am supposed to get my check some time this week, and I am so worried because I am such a planner and haven't made any dining reservations for fear we won't have enough money to do it all!!!!
I'm a super planner too! We leave next Tuesday with a family of 5. The money depends, I think, on which Make A Wish branch is helping you. There's definitely not enough money for us to eat at sit down restaurants unless you only eat one meal a day in the park and everything else at GKTW. There is enough to eat quick service food for every member of our group for 3 meals a day and so that's what we'll do since our kids are older and want to get to the parks early. It would be fun to eat table service, but we're just happy to be going.

Last edited:
I'm a super planner too! We leave next Tuesday with a family of 5. The money depends, I think, on which Make A Wish branch is helping you. There's definitely not enough money to eat at sit down restaurants unless you only eat one meal a day in the park and everything else at GKTW. There is enough to eat quick service food for every member of our group for 3 meals a day and so that's what we'll do since our kids are older and want to get to the parks early. It would be fun to eat table service, but we're just happy to be going.
I don't have to eat at a dining reservation for every meal, but was hoping to maybe do one dinner at table dining. We plan to eat breakfast every morning at GKTW, and do lunch and dinner in the park. I won't rest until I can budget out each day. Being paycheck to paycheck has made me a little ridiculous with planning budgets!! Haha! I just have to trust it will be enough, and we will find out sometime this week I guess! We leave Sept. 24th! We are super excited! So glad you are going so soon! I hope you have a great time!!!

I'm a super planner too! We leave next Tuesday with a family of 5. The money depends, I think, on which Make A Wish branch is helping you. There's definitely not enough money to eat at sit down restaurants unless you only eat one meal a day in the park and everything else at GKTW. There is enough to eat quick service food for every member of our group for 3 meals a day and so that's what we'll do since our kids are older and want to get to the parks early. It would be fun to eat table service, but we're just happy to be going.
Also, does it give you extra money for souvenirs?!

Also, does it give you extra money for souvenirs?!
Yes they did! But GKTW also gives the kids quite a few souvenirs (or so I'm told) so you might not need to even spend any of that. You could maybe put it towards a fun table service restaurant. They also gave us money for gas, toll roads, long term parking, and luggage.

Last edited:
The amount depends on the chapter. I know one family who received 500 for the whole family, one who received 1000, and two who received 250 for each family member

Gotcha! Thanks! How do you post pictures to your trip reports?
You should be able to post pictures by simple drag-and-drop into uour post, or copy/paste. 3rd party hosting is no longer required, though you may do it that way if you prefer.

Enjoy your Wish Trip!

Heads up if you're flying Delta or United, your fare will likely not include carry-ons. We just found out that we can only check bags and each bag costs $25 for the 1st bag, $35 for the 2nd and $100 for the 3rd. We're going to have the kids bring a full size backpack as their personal bag with most of their items inside. We'll then combine the rest into one or two large suitcases which we will pay for. Also, can someone tell me what snacks are stocked in your villa at GKTW when you get there? Just want to bring some snacks with me if I need to. Thanks!

Heads up if you're flying Delta or United, your fare will likely not include carry-ons. We just found out that we can only check bags and each bag costs $25 for the 1st bag, $35 for the 2nd and $100 for the 3rd. We're going to have the kids bring a full size backpack as their personal bag with most of their items inside. We'll then combine the rest into one or two large suitcases which we will pay for. Also, can someone tell me what snacks are stocked in your villa at GKTW when you get there? Just want to bring some snacks with me if I need to. Thanks!

That is only the case with the very cheapest fares for both (Basic Economy on both airlines). Which, for both airlines are a separate booking category from Economy (as opposed to a separate fare bucket within Economy) and very clear when booking tickets. I realise that you likely didn't book your own tickets (and most MAW family's don't) so you'd have had no way to know this before getting the tickets. But most fares do include carry-ons (and not all routes have Basic Economy offered, so not an issue for all fliers). I wonder if United or Delta would make an exception for a MAW family?

I'm curious to hear about the kinds of snacks they have in the villa as well! When are you going on your trip Amy?

Luckily we are on the mAAgic flight for our trip and have no bag fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!