Makes an excellent coin holder

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
It occured to me as my DD was about to throw away her empty Mini M&M's tube (tube like container with snap top) that it could be used for storing quarters & pennies for pressing, instead of loose change in your pocket. They are sold almost everywhere and fit easily in a fannypack or backpack and they close securely and easy for youngsters to hold - the best part is you have to eat all the candy before you can use them! :D

Also, another great use for them is to store quarters/tokens for tolls - no more loose change in the ashtray/console and will fit in the glove compartment or door pocket.

Hope you all find this little tip useful!

Lori

That is a great idea Lorix! I usually use the plastic film canisters, but I think I will try this instead next trip. :)

We did this for our 3 yr old in 2000. This was the highlight of the weeks before her trip. We used the extra long tubes. We have big families so every time we went to visit she brought her tube and collected change from everyone. Grandma, Grandpa, Nanny, Paran, cousins, aunts and uncles. It worked out perfectly. Those long tubes hold a bunch so we made out great. She had 2 tubes by the time she left for WDW. She was only 3 and by the 10th day of our trip she could walk up to a penny press and tell you if she had that design already.

BTW, anyone know of any knew presses since SEPT 2000. Like the new movies, Monsters, Emporer's, Atlantis.

The big tubes are called mega tubes! Get these, they're worth it!

Someone on one of these threads said they carry one of the m&m tubes full of quarters they said it holds 14$ worth. SOunds like a great idea to me.

That is a great idea !!! We just got done cleaning pennies to make them shiney... (we heard to only use ones made before 1982) I think I have to add that to my last minute list and put together tubes for the whole family !! We leave on the 8th of Feb !!!!

Thanks

Debbie

I've been keeping my change in these containers for awhile. They're great! Be aware that they draw suspicion when purses are x-rayed at the airport though so be prepared for a thorough purse search each time.

What a great idea! Thanks for posting. :)

Huh - that is an excellent idea!!!

I wonder how the smaller tube would do as a holder for Advil or whatever?

Great tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter