Making ADRs—Concerns With SWGE

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We will be at WDW for Thanksgiving. My ADR date is coming up at the end of this month. Since SWGE isn’t open yet it’s nearly impossible to make plans. We will have PHs so I’m thinking we will do two half days at DHS—one for SWGE and one for TSL. The question is if we should plan on two mornings or one morning and one evening. Based on some research I think a morning to do TSL would be the best strategy. But I’m confused on whether to do SWGE for rope drop or at closing. This will affect ADRs at other parks. Any advice or is everyone as lost as I am?

I am going 9/9-9/16 and have now dropped all my PPO ADRs for HS, AK, and MK. Only one I’m still holding on to is Garden Grill in Epcot but that may change too. But I’m thankful Disney didn’t spring this on me a week before. I’ll now be at the parks for rope drop and do later breakfasts. Just be flexible and hope you will get a nice advanced notice like they did today. I’ll have about 2 weeks to see what the crowds look like for the EMH mornings and adjust from there. I planned one day for HS and will attempt SWGE as early as humanly possible and hopefully be done with it. Good luck as we’re all gonna need it. :)

I’ll be there Thanksgiving week and only have a few ADRs to book. There are too many variables to plan that far ahead and we don’t care to be tied down to TS schedules anymore.

My only concern is SciFi and I’m not sure what day to book it.

Yes, I am booking only a few ADRs as well. My big conundrum is for Thanksgiving Day. I don't know whether to book LTT for lunch or dinner. If I do MK in the morning and DHS at night, it will be lunch. If it's vice versa, it will be dinner. I'm just not sure if SW will be better to RD or be better at closing.

Yes, I am booking only a few ADRs as well. My big conundrum is for Thanksgiving Day. I don't know whether to book LTT for lunch or dinner. If I do MK in the morning and DHS at night, it will be lunch. If it's vice versa, it will be dinner. I'm just not sure if SW will be better to RD or be better at closing.

Are you dead set on one of those parks for Thanksgiving Day? They will both be really packed. We did Epcot in 2017 and will do it again this year. Very relaxing and fun time.

I'm guessing LTT is the priority? I think there's a real possibility that HS could reach capacity that day.

I would plan for HS in the morning to get it done.

Are you dead set on one of those parks for Thanksgiving Day? They will both be really packed. We did Epcot in 2017 and will do it again this year. Very relaxing and fun time.

I'm guessing LTT is the priority? I think there's a real possibility that HS could reach capacity that day.

I would plan for HS in the morning to get it done.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not dead-set on LTT actually. I'm also considering WCC, which would allow us to do two totally different parks. I originally had wanted to do Epcot Thanksgiving night, but then when they announced the Festival of the Holidays won't be starting until the Friday after, I scratched it. We definitely want to do that. We have only three park days, so it's getting pretty tricky how to plan.

I have no advice for you. I will be there late october to early november, and if they change the park hours or extend them like they did for october it will mess up everything. If hs opens at 6 am no way im going to a 7 pm dinner. Allready im going to be all messed up, made my ADRs 3 days ago, now have to cancel some and i am worried about the november dates. I am beginning to hate all this planning and hope that its worth it.

I have no advice for you. I will be there late october to early november, and if they change the park hours or extend them like they did for october it will mess up everything. If hs opens at 6 am no way im going to a 7 pm dinner. Allready im going to be all messed up, made my ADRs 3 days ago, now have to cancel some and i am worried about the november dates. I am beginning to hate all this planning and hope that its worth it.
Me, too!!!

I just sent my Disney Concierge folks an email regarding SWGE and ADRs since my reservation window is coming up- there aren't ADRs but the locations apparently will be all Quick Service.

We're taking the opposite strategy from some of you and booking more ADRs than usual. We arrive the afternoon of the last day of EEMH, so we have no idea what park hours will be during our trip. I think they'll extend them, but we don't know at which parks and at what time. For our MK and HS days, I have an extra ADR booked each day. Once they let us know if we need our "9 am open" plan or our "EEMH plan," we'll let the ones we won't use go. We've never planned a trip this far out before--our first 2 were planned at 3 and 4 months in advance. Planning meals 6 months in advance when there's a likelihood of major hour changes is tough!

I think which park we'll do which day is more set in stone than other people's at this point, but it's because of some of the specifics of this trip. If we were doing our usual 5 full park days between Sunday and Thursday/Friday, we'd have a lot more likelihood of changing days based on hours. Our trip is super short (Saturday afternoon to Tuesday morning) and we're not willing to devote a huge chunk of a day to GE lines. We're taking the position that if we see GE this trip it's a bonus, and if we don't we'll catch it in a few years. There are certain parks we do or don't want to spend a full day at, and we plan to avoid HS and Epcot on the weekend. Our best chance for low crowds and being able to take advantage of any early hours they offer is to put HS on our last day, Tuesday. We're crossing our fingers for EEMH at HS, which might make seeing GE possible, but if not we'll focus on the rest of the park. I have Sci Fi booked as soon as they open that day. If we're there from 6 or 7 am we'll be ready for lunch before we leave, and if it's an 8 or 9 am day we'll probably grab a snack at HS and have a late lunch at the airport.

Last edited:
Im in the same boat as you. But since im staying a l9nger period, its even harder as i will change up my parks. Just a shame that my daughters first forray into disney will be HS now because of the eemh and not disney world.

Im in the same boat as you. But since im staying a l9nger period, its even harder as i will change up my parks. Just a shame that my daughters first forray into disney will be HS now because of the eemh and not disney world.
Dhs is in Disney world

In the past it was only disney world. Lol. They didnt have multiple parks.

. I think you mean Magic Kingdom
Dhs is in Disney world
Love how people think of Disney world as just the MK.

[QUOTE="Sjm9911, post: 60588817, ] Just a shame that my daughters first forray into disney will be HS now because of the eemh and not disney world.[/QUOTE]

With any luck they will still have some EEMH days after 11/2, and then you'll be able to do Magic Kingdom first if you want to. I'm guessing we'll know a lot more before we reach the 60 day mark and get locked into parks by our FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!