Making Disneyland Treats at Home - Mickey Bars and Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches

They did turn out well. I have made them before but not for many years because I try not to deep fry at home any more, mostly to save myself some calories! As for taste they tasted pretty close to the Cafe Orleans ones. I used regular white bread instead of the challah that the recipe calls for because that is what I had to use up. I also doubled the recipe for the batter and I really didn't have much of the batter left. With the little bit of batter I had left I threw in some zucchini and garlic for fritters so the batter didn't go to waste. I would say that next time I make them I might add more of the meat and another slice of cheese to make them a little more hearty.

Since there is only two of us at home I still made the full batch but I froze them up and I hope they will reheat ok in my air fryer later this fall or winter. I would think since they are fully fried they should be okay reheating like that.
Awesome! They look fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter